I’ve been fascinated by Ayurvedic medicine, and I’m hooked on several natural remedies. At the top of the list stands the Turmeric milk which is a kind of all-around beverage that can help you deal with debilitating illness and pain while keeping your body healthy on the long run.
I don’t have issues going to bed because I’m usually so tired that all it takes is to close my eyes for a couple of seconds to fall asleep.
Turmeric milk makes the process smooth, and when I wake up, I feel refreshed even if I only sleep for a couple of hours. Feel free to add honey if you like a sweet beverage because it won’t decrease its healing properties.
I’m always concerned about the potential side effects of any treatment I follow, but in this case, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the only side effect was a positive one.
My arthritis pains subsided, and I no longer have to take medicine, because a cup of Turmeric milk mitigates it to the point where it becomes trivial.
Add to this the fact that it is an excellent detoxifier for liver and significantly improves blood circulation, and you understand why I double checked not to run out of this beverage.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 cup coconut milk, or milk of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper — the absorption of turmeric is actually enhanced by 2000% when combined with black pepper (source)
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger – thinly sliced
- raw honey (optional)
① Mix all ingredients except honey and combine them thoroughly. Heat over low to medium fire until the mixture starts to warm up but not boiling.
② Lower the heat and let it simmer for around a minute. Place the mixture in the glass and take off the ginger.
③ You can now add the honey if you wish (this is optional) and stir to mix well.
④ To sum it up, drink turmeric for all your healthy body and bed-related needs, be it sleep or otherwise.
I love this drink because of its smooth taste and calming properties. I regularly drink it an hour before bedtime, and in no time, it brings me to lalaland.
Turmeric is Widely known for its beneficial healing properties and has been shown to:
- Prevents Cancer – the active components in turmeric makes it one of the best protectors against radiation-induced tumors.
- Relieves Arthritis – It’s anti-inflammatory properties are great for treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Controls Diabetes – Turmeric helps in moderating the insulin levels while improving the glucose control.
- Reduces Cholesterol Level – Regular consumption of turmeric can reduce serum cholesterol levels that can prevent many cardiovascular diseases.
- Immunity Booster – Due to its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal agents, drinking turmeric can strengthen the immune system.
- Heals Wound – It’s natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties act as an effective disinfectant.
- Weight Management – Those who want to lose some extra pounds can benefit from having one teaspoon of turmeric powder with every meal.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease – It aids the removal of plaque build-up in the brain while helps to improve the flow of oxygen. Thus, slowing down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prevents Liver Disease – Turmeric is a kind of natural liver detoxifier that helps to invigorate and improve blood circulation.
- Improves Digestion – Turmeric stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile, which then improves digestion and reduces symptoms of bloating and gas.
- 1 cup coconut milk , or milk of your choice
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper — the absorption of turmeric is actually enhanced 2000% when combined with black pepper
- ½ inch - piece of ginger sliced
- raw honey (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except honey and combine them thoroughly.
- Heat over low to medium fire until the mixture starts to boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for around 3 - 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the glass and take off the ginger.
- You can now add the honey if you wish (this is optional) and stir to mix well.