If you are looking for an excellent healthy drink that will offer you numerous health benefits, then you may want to give turmeric juice a try. Whether you are dealing with joint pain, inflammation, muscle pain after workouts or even menstrual cramps, you can benefit from this drink.
Not only does this juice offer great health benefits, but it’s also easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Since you can make it at home, you won’t have to spend a lot of money to make a juice that is packed with benefits for your entire body. Of course, before you make the juice, it’s a good idea to learn more about the ingredients and all the benefits they will provide.
Turmeric is known to be one of the most powerful healing herbs. It is great for bones and joints as it has anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
Turmeric is also a natural liver detoxifier and a kidney cleanser, and it speeds metabolism and aids in weight management. Plus it heals and alleviates conditions of depression, psoriasis, damaged skin, arthritis and more.
10 Awesome Facts About Turmeric
① Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been proven to reduce pain symptoms and help chronic pain sufferers with arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
② Turmeric has long been recognized for its healing powers by physicians and healers in the holistic community, however western medical professionals are only just starting to learn about turmerics charms. perhaps the inability to patent nature has something to do with this slow learning curve?
③ If you suffer from acne, turmeric is not only helpful taken internally but you can also use it externally by making a turmeric paste.
Put on your face or other areas of the skin for 20 minutes or overnight to reduce inflammation and clear up a breakout. Keep in mind this might turn your skin orange so don’t do this before a special event.
④ Turmeric root can be juiced and used as a pain reliever. Only a small amount is needed to do the trick.
⑤ Even chronic sufferers of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can experience relief by using turmeric on a frequent basis. Use it raw for best results by sprinkling it on salads and raw dishes as well as mixing it with fresh vegetable juices & coconut water.
⑥ Clean cuts and wounds with turmeric, it’s a natural anti-septic and anti-bacterial.
⑦ Turmeric has high amounts of anti-oxidants that fight cancer-causing free radicals, keeping your immune system strong. If you have a cold or flu, turmeric is one of the best things you can do to speed up recovery.
⑧ Even chronic skin conditions like psoriasis can be helped with turmeric. for a healthy skin regimen, make a turmeric cocktail every day for 2 weeks accompanied by fresh raw foods, juices, and green smoothies.
⑨ Using turmeric in your daily or weekly regimen will help you recover from yoga and workouts faster by reducing inflammation and easing sore muscles.
⑩ Turmeric also contains good amounts of iron and other minerals so use it as a blood builder.
- 1-2 tsp. of Turmeric Powder OR
- 1 Oz Juiced Turmeric Root
- raw honey (optional)
- 1 cup coconut water OR
- Mix into fresh vegetable juice made in your juicer (celery, cucumber, ginger & lemon is a great anti-inflammatory juice to mix your turmeric into)
* Mix your turmeric powder or juiced turmeric root into 1 cup of coconut water (if you don’t have it you can use water) and add the raw honey. Or, you can take your turmeric and mix it into a fresh vegetable juice. Drink right away and you can do this multiple times per day.
* Note that if you’re new to juicing or fresh roots, turmeric is very cleansing and you may need to use the washroom frequently, but this is normal.
* The reason you see turmeric mixed in coconut water is because coconut water acts as a “carrier” delivering more nutrients to the cells. It’s also the only liquid on the planet that you can inject directly into your bloodstream as it’s composition is almost identical to that of blood plasma.
* Not that you should try injecting it into your bloodstream or anything. Just saying, it’s possible and that’s pretty cool.
The Benefits of Turmeric
Why should you bother making your own turmeric juice? Well, turmeric offers many excellent benefits. While it is used in many delicious dishes, it has been used medicinally for centuries. Here is a look at some of the health benefits turmeric offers.
- Anti-Inflammatory – First, turmeric is known to be an excellent anti-inflammatory. It reduces inflammation without triggering any side effects. It’s proven helpful for those with arthritis and reducing inflammation with turmeric helps to prevent other disease, such as cancer and heart disease.
- Reduces Cancer Risk – Many different studies show that the antioxidants found in turmeric not only helps to reduce the risk of developing cancer, but it has actually helped to reduce the size of cancerous tumors. Other studies show that it may help to prevent prostate cancer and skin cancer.
- Improves Heart Health – Turmeric helps to reduce the risk of developing blood clots. It also helps to prevent plaque buildup. Both of these benefits help to improve heart health, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Naturally Relives Pain – Research also shows that turmeric works well at naturally relieving pain. It may relive both joint pain and muscle pain, as well as other types of pain often treated with OTC pain relievers.
- Improves Skin Health – Turmeric also offers great benefits to skin, since it is a powerful anti-inflammatory, it reduces inflammation of the skin. The antioxidants in turmeric help to prevent the signs of aging as well.
Not only does turmeric help improve skin health if taken internally, but it is useful when applied externally, treating skin conditions like acne and psoriasis.
- Boost the Immune System – All the antioxidants in turmeric give the immune system a boost. This makes it work well for fighting off the flu or colds.
Benefits of Using Coconut Water
The turmeric juice uses coconut water because the water helps to carry all the nutrients from the turmeric into your body’s cells. Coconut water offers many of its own benefits as well. For example, the cytokinins found in coconut water offer anti-thrombotic, anti-carcinogenic and anti-aging benefits.
The bioactive enzymes found in the water also help to increase metabolism and aid in digestion. It is a great source of B-complex vitamins, potassium and important minerals.
Other benefits of coconut water include anti-viral properties, anti-fungal properties, boosting metabolism and controlling blood sugar levels.
With all the benefits of coconut water and turmeric, it’s easy to see why this turmeric juice is such an excellent drink to add to your diet. However, you should never use turmeric excessively.
You should talk to your physician before using turmeric, specifically if you have any liver problems.