Fasting has been used for centuries to detoxify the organism and relieve the burden of everyday existence on it. Today, many individuals turn back to this basic ritual in an attempt to become healthier and more energetic.
The digestive system gets a much-needed opportunity to rest from the everyday stress. If you consume fast food and products that are difficult to digest, a fast would be perfect for you.
In fact, having a regular fast will increase your mental clarity, regulate the functioning of the digestive tract, help the organs that are responsible for detoxification and produce an overall feeling of wellbeing.
The one-day water fast has become very popular but knowing how to get ready for it will be essential for making the most of the practice.
How to prepare for a one day fast?
Those who are experienced in fasting do not need any external advice, as they have studied the reactions of their own body during the fasting period.
A one-day fast is relatively easy to do, but you will still need to get your body ready for the process. This preparation involves some essential steps.
① For a start, choose the best possible day for this practice. It should be a day that you could spend at home, relaxing and dedicating time to the activities that you like the most. Avoid doing the fast if you need to complete serious employment tasks, or you will be involved in physical labor.
② Slow yoga is one of the best activities that will accompany your daylong fast. You can also read a favorite book or listen to the music that you enjoy the most. Meditate, watch television or do the fast with a dear friend – such activities will give you spiritual tranquility that is so important for a holistic approach towards the ritual.
③ Going to the gym and other strenuous activities should be postponed to the days after completing the water fast.
How to do a one-day (24-hour) Fast?
It is a scientific fact that the human body can go for weeks without food. The daylong fast is suitable for beginners to this practice because it is much easier to do than other detoxification programs. Keep in mind that fasting is unsuitable for people suffering from medical conditions. If you have any concerns, you will need to talk to your physician before getting started.
① To do this fast, you will need to drink solely water for a period of 24 hours. Avoid other liquids that have nutritional value. Such liquids include coffee, fruit juices and milk among many others.
② Drink as much water as you need to stay hydrated. For some people, this amount is eight glasses of water per day; others will feel the need to drink much more. It will be up to you to figure out how much hydration is going to be sufficient.
③ Start your fast early in the morning. Drink two glasses of water after getting out of bed and continue drinking throughout the day. Continue your fast until the next morning when you are free to go back to solid foods and your favorite beverages.
④ Learn how to break the fast in the correct way. Be gentle with your stomach because it has been resting for 24 hours. Foods that are easy to digest will be the best ones for breaking the fast the next morning.
⑤ Orange juice is an excellent pick for the morning after having the fast. You can add just a tiny bit of honey to it. Other fruits are also ranked among the good possibilities because these are easy to digest. Steam or boil some vegetables for lunch – easily and slowly going back to your old nutritional regime is going to make your tummy happy.
⑥ You can consume everything that you are used to on the second day of breaking the fast.
If anyone wants to learn more about water fasting, I would strongly suggest they watch the following educational video:
Some tips for implementing your 24 hour water fast:
- Choose a day that you can rest as you desire.
- Utilize Spring Water for the fast.
- Sunbathe in early sunlight or late day sunlight for powerful nutrition via the sun.
- Fill your time with positive affirmations, vision board creations or art that you enjoy on this day.
- Start your fast after breakfast and go until breakfast the next day. (BREAK the FAST…hence the word breakfast)
- Have a power packed superfood smoothie for breakfast and the next morning after 24 hours have a green vegetable juice to start the day!
- Enjoy the emotional clearing, clearing of stagnant waste and the reset you gain from this bringing about a more ageless, loving and purified you!
What to Expect While doing the one-day (24-Hour) fast
Your body is used to the regular consumption of food, which is why it will probably react to the fast. Because of the lack of food for an entire day, you will potentially experience dizziness and fatigue. A sudden decrease in your blood pressure can be expected, as well.
People that fast regularly will not experience the same symptoms as first-time fasters. If you feel exceptionally dizzy, you will simply need to lie down and relax until the fast is over.
How to break a one-day (24-Hour)fast?
Learning how to break a fast is critical. During the fasting period, there is hardly any digestive activity. One should be gentle on the stomach when breaking the fast. Do not overload the stomach.
The best way to break a fast is with lime juice or orange juice.Half a spoon of honey may also be added to the juice. If needed, even fruits can be taken, as they are easy to digest. Boiled vegetables are also fine. Use little or no spice with vegetables as it can irritate the linings of the stomach.
The second meal of the day can be normal.
Benefits of a 0ne-day (24-Hour) fast
The water fast will produce many health benefits. Here are some of the most important advantages you will enjoy as a result.
- Have a one-day fast every week to enjoy the most significant benefits. The digestive system is burdened seriously by all of the foods we consume on a daily basis. Giving it a rest can regulate the functioning of the digestive tract and help you overcome numerous gastrointestinal problems that busy individuals have to deal with.
- You will feel much more invigorated and energized after completing the fast. You will also benefit from the fast if you want clarity of mind and better mental focus.
- It removes many mental blocks and gives clarity of mind.
- Fasting removes toxic buildups that result from the intake of harmful foods and from the urban lifestyle. Toxin elimination is one of the keys to ensuring your health in the long run.
- It can give slight improvements in the eye sight, though this effect is seen more during long-term fasts.
- Fasting can improve immunity and has anti-aging benefits.
- It gives an overall sense of well-being.
- Fasting is the easiest way to lose weight.
Fasting should always be done after consultation with your physician as it is not suitable for people with certain conditions.