Good hair requires a lot of styling work and the use of all kinds of products. As you already know, I dislike commercial cosmetics because of the harsh chemicals and artificial substances these contain. My passion is looking for natural alternatives that will deliver the same results and be much healthier.
Aloe vera is one of the favorite natural products to work with. Needless to say, it is one of the cosmetic industry staples because of its amazing qualities. It has soothing properties, it nourishes and moisturizes. What’s even better – you can grow it at home. The plant doesn’t require a whole lot of care and even I have managed to keep it alive (which is a major accomplishment).
Even if you don’t have an aloe vera plant, you can buy organic aloe vera gel from many health stores. The ingredient is very accessible and easy to use. This is why I decided to make my aloe vera anti-frizz hairspray.
So how do you make this awesome hairspray? It’s super easy.
- 1 cup warm distilled water
- 1 or 2 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel or juice
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- Mix water, aloe, and essential oil in a small bowl
- Pour into an empty spray bottle, and shake before use
- Spray generously onto damp hair or lightly onto dry hair
Why Make Natural Hairspray?
I fell in love with this hairspray the first time I used it. It acts as a natural de-tangler and its consistency is really light. Spraying it on my locks just a few times leaves them feeling soft and shiny.
The addition of aloe vera to the hairspray contributes in a number of great ways. Though mostly known as a skincare product, it can make hair a lot healthier and much more beautiful. If your hair is frizz-prone, this hairspray ingredient will be the perfect one for you.
- Aloe vera promotes faster hair growth
- Can be used as a natural dandruff remedy,
- Has anti-inflammatory qualities and it soothes an itchy scalp.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural conditioner, it maintains the normal pH level of the scalp and it smoothes your locks (similar to keratin chemically)
- Maintains hair and scalp natural pH level
- Treats itchy scalp
- Repairs damaged hair
What Kind of Hair is this Product Suitable for
The aloe vera anti-frizz hairspray is suitable for all hair types. The qualities of aloe vera turn it into a really mild product that ladies having fine hair and irritable scalp skin can rely on.
Because of its light texture, the spray is also great for greasy hair. Since it contains natural substances, it nourishes the hair rather than clogging the pores and building up on the scalp. The best option to figure out whether it will do the best job for you is to give it a try.