Microdermabrasion treatment polishes and softens skin, eliminating dead skin cells and revealing new, beautiful skin. However, these treatments can be pretty expensive at the spa, and even home microdermabrasion kits can cost a pretty penny.
The good news is that you can get the same fabulous results without spending a lot of money. More than likely, you have the ingredients for this DIY skin polish in your house already. You won’t even have to head out to the store.
The two ingredients you’ll need are your baby face wash (but I like to use the coconut oil) and baking soda. Baking soda is wonderful as a polishing agent.
It’s tiny grains act like very fine sandpaper, helping to polish skin and remove those dead skin cells that are covering new, beautiful skin.
Not only does it help slough off dead skin, but it does it very gently so you don’t damage your skin. Once you eliminate that dead skin, you eliminate sun damage, dullness, and other skin problems.
It even will help to reduce problems with blackheads and whiteheads.
① Coconut Oil is anti-bacterial, and actually helpful for breakouts. I don’t use the baking soda every day, only once per week tops. During the week I only rinse my face with cool water. It probably wouldn’t work for everyone, but it works for me and I’m sticking to it.
② You can always follow up with an apple cider vinegar toner (read instructions here). It just has to be the unfiltered stuff and 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. And yeah, a tiny bit of coconut oil is a great moisturizer. A little goes a long way.
③ Make sure you don’t use this treatment every day. Using it too often can cause peeling or may make skin overly sensitive. Exfoliating skin too much can definitely be a problem, so avoid thinking that using this polish more often will make skin better.
④ When you use this DIY skin polish, it will renew skin for brighter, newer, healthier skin. Removing that layer of dead skin will also help your skin better absorb other beauty products, such as serums and moisturizers.
⑤ This helps you ensure that you get the most from every product you use. For the best results, avoid skin care products that are full of chemicals, since you want to avoid adding chemicals to your body.
- baking soda
- baby face wash or coconut oil (It soaks in wonderfully and leaves your skin very soft)
- To make this DIY skin polish, take a bit of your favorite face wash or coconut oil and put it right in your hand. Add a bit of baking soda and mix together.
- Once you have created the paste, apply to your skin, using your hands in circular motion and massage it gently into your skin, scrubbing away those dead skin cells.
- In fact, you can do the same thing with your favorite body wash and baking soda, using it all over your body to polish all your skin.
- After you used the polish, rinse off with warm water. If you are using coconut oil+ baking soda, wash them off with your baby facial wash.
- When you’re done, you will be amazed at how smooth and soft your skin feels.
- Use this routine ONCE a week only.