The name sounds a bit frightening, but you should consider this diet. You don’t have to make a deal with the devil, but the devil is in all the details that come with the diet.
This diet has become a popular fad diet, and it takes several food groups and combines them in unique ways, so you maximize your weight loss. The best part is that you can eat all you want of the foods you’re allowed to eat each day.
Personally, I love to use this diet occasionally to take off a few extra pounds. The diet lasts only 7 days, which is one of its main benefits.
While some people like to follow the diet for a few weeks, I like just following it for a single week. While that week isn’t easy, you will definitely like the results you see after a week on this diet.
Each time I’ve used this diet I have lost 10 pounds in 7 days. The diet is supposed to help you lose at least 7 lbs within a week, but I’ve enjoyed even better results.
The great part is that you can sustain that weight loss as long as you stick to a healthy diet when you’re done. As you follow the diet throughout the week, you’ll get the essential nutrients, but you’ll be getting different nutrients on different days.
What’s the secret of this diet?
Well, the foods that you eat take more calories to digest than some calories they provide the body. This lets you eat as much food as you want while on a diet.
I just repeatedly tell myself, “This is something I can control.” That’s my empowering phrase, SO much in life and things that happen to our bodies we can’t control- but I can control my eating.
My biggest tip is to drink LOTS of crystal light! Make sure you drink plenty of water on this diet. If you are craving something sweet, add crystal light to your water, since it is sugar-free and calorie-free.
For example, on one day, you can eat fruits all day long. Fill up on your favorite fruits, and if you stick with lower calorie fruits, you’ll lose even more.
Another day of the diet includes eating six tomatoes and as much turkey or chicken as you want. On one day, you get to eat veggies all day as long as you avoid starchy veggies. Each day of the diet has a particular focus.
While the diet is very restricting, the details help you stick to it. You know exactly what you can eat each day, and since you can eat as much as you want, you don’t feel like you’re going hungry all the time.
Here’s the 7-Day Breakdown
- Day 1 Fruit Day: Fruit only, but no bananas
- Day 2 Veggie Day: Veggies only, but nothing starchy like corn or peas BUT you do get a baked potato (I had a sweet potato)
- Day 3 Fruit and Veggies: day 1 and 2 combined but no potato
- Day 4 Bananas and Yogurt: As many as 8 bananas and 8 glasses of skim milk or weight watchers yogurt – THIS was difficult, I could only choke 3 bananas down.
- Day 5 Fowl and Tomatoes: Chicken and/or turkey and 6 tomatoes (I used Roma)
- Day 6 Fowl and Veggies: Chicken and/or turkey and veggies, but no potato
- Days 7 Miracle Soup: Cabbage soup recipe containing cabbage, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, Lipton beef broth, and water. Just make a soup using these ingredients.