How to Brighten Your Skin – Rice Face Wash
Are you looking for the perfect toner for your skin? Maybe you’ve tried to find something to tighten those pores and provide a nice glow. While you may have considered many toning products, the perfect toner may be available right in your kitchen pantry.
More than likely, you have some rice in the pantry or a cupboard. You probably didn’t realize that a bit of rice could help you create a natural, cheap toner that will leave skin looking wonderful.
Why Rice Water Works
Rice water is rich in beauty minerals and vitamins that make it fantastic for both skin and hair – a secret those flawless-skinned Japanese geishas have known for centuries. Rice actually includes “inositol,” which is a complex of B vitamins.
These vitamins work to improve blood flow, reduce aging and improve cell turnover and growth, slows down the aging process and stimulates blood flow. This helps to tighten up the pores on your face, and it also gives skin a beautiful, healthy glow as well. You’ll also find that rice water has both antioxidant and moisturizing properties, and both offer excellent benefits to your skin.
Women across Asia have been using rice water for hundreds of years, both for gorgeous hair and healthy, beautiful skin. Not only does it work well as a skin toner, but it makes a nice hair wash too. “Pitera” is found in rice, which helps to keep skin clear and glowing.
Other minerals and vitamins are found in rice water as well, which are beneficial to your skin. So, next time you boil rice, think twice before tossing the water.
How to Brighten Your Skin – Rice Face Wash
- rice water has been used as a face wash and a hair wash.
- Washing your face with rice water makes your skin very soft and it also helps in improving the complexion
- Is a great substitute for toner and firms up your skin
- Helps in reducing the size of the pores on your skin
- Washing your hair with rice water brings shine in the hair and helps to keep it healthy. Follow up with cold water rinse.
- Use rice water as part of your face, body and hair masks and scrubs
- Use rice water for having bath or pour rice water in the tub or bucket
- Powdered rice grains are also used as body scrub and they make your skin extra soft
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 1/2 or 2 cups of water
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 glass jar with lid
- lemon juice – this is optional (the amount depends on your rice water)
- cotton pads
① Flawless Face :
- Take a half cup of rice and fill it with water, just enough the rice is covered.
- Let the rice soak for 15 minutes (or you can leave it overnight) until the water turns cloudy. If you think rice is not clean, you can keep the water after second wash.
- This is your rice toner and you can use it just like any other toner.
- Pour this water into a glass jar, store it in the refrigerator and it will last for 4-5 days.
- I like to add few squeeze of lemon juice with my rice toner (this is optional) for added lightening effects
Clean your face then soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on your face. You can rinse it off after 15 – 20 minutes, but I like to leave the mixture on my face just like a toner.
This will help to tighten pores and bring glow. The same rice water is considered to be an excellent hair conditioner. After shampooing, rinse your hair with rice water and leave it on for a few minutes then rinse it out.
If you want extra goodness from the rice, boil the water and rice.
To get even more from the rice, after soaking the rice you can boil the rice water and rice together, using excess water on your face.
Keep in mind, after boiling the water will have more starch in it, so you definitely want to use cotton pads to apply the toner (once the rice water has cooled down).
Rinse away after a couple of minutes and pat your face with a bit of cold water. You’ll be surprised at how amazing your skin looks.
② Haute Hair
After shampooing, work in some rice water into your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse well. Rice proteins strengthen the hair shaft and fill in the cracks. The result? Ultra-smooth, seriously shiny hair.
③ Beauteous Bod
The soothing nature of rice water makes it an effective remedy for rashes and other irritating or painful skin conditions. In a dermatological study at Brussels University, patients with atopic dermatitis (chronic inflammation of the skin) saw a 20% improvement after taking 15-minute baths filled with rice water twice a day.
④Recipe for Health
Drinking rice water is also extremely beneficial for overall health. It contains 8 essential amino acids, which form the building blocks for tissue and muscle regeneration. Rice water also provides energy due to a high concentration of carbohydrates.