You may enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner, but what about treating your pores to drink as well?
Red wine is rich in powerful antioxidants that can eliminate free radicals. It also enhances circulation in the pores and can improve your skin’s elasticity content as you age.
This homemade mask has a detoxifying effect on your outer skin, so it’s a good treatment for oily skin. It may also help control acne.
If you just want to turn back the clock and maintain your youthful glow, red wine can help you as well.
- 2 tbsp plain Yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tbsp raw Honey
- 1 tbsp Red Wine
- You can substitute sour cream for plain yogurt if you have it on hand.
Greek yogurt is preferred because it’s thicker, and you want your mask to have enough thickness to rub over your skin smoothly. In this case, thicker is always better.
- To make the mask, simply place the yogurt or sour cream in a bowl, and then use a whisk to add the honey and wine. You want to mix it just long enough to blend well.
- Smooth an even layer of the mask over your face, avoiding your eyes. Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes. That’s enough time for the antioxidants and nutrients to soak into your pores for maximum benefit.
- Use warm water and a soft cloth to wash the mask off, or rinse in warm water in the shower. To close the pores, end with a splash of cold water. You may want to apply moisturizer if your face is prone to drying out.
Result: My skin felt very clean, soft and firm after leaving it on around 15-20 minutes! So, are you ready to try your hand at making your own facial mask?