Had an exciting night out with the girls, after which you woke up to see dreadful eye puffiness in the mirror? Maybe you have a job that requires you to stare at the computer screen all day long?
Such scenarios can strain the eyes and cause excessive puffiness. Choosing a soothing (and natural) solution is quite simple. You have something quite inexpensive and beneficial that can be made at home. You simply need to buy some traditional cotton pads and a few cucumbers.
Making Frozen Cucumber Eye Pads
Cucumbers are an excellent source of vitamin K, which is essential for maintaining capillary health. Having the smallest blood vessels in good condition will prevent both puffiness and the appearance of dark spots underneath the eyes.
DIY Frozen Cucumber Eye Pads
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel (optional)
- 10-15 cotton pads
- Chop the cucumber including the skin and put the pieces in the blender. Blend at high speed and until you get a homogeneous mixture. If the mix is too thick, you can consider adding small amounts of water to it and add the aloe vera gel, mix well.
- Pour the blended cucumber mix in a bowl and place the cotton pads inside. Give them a bit of time to get thoroughly soaked. Lift them out of the liquid and gently squeeze out excessive amounts of liquid.
- Freeze the pads in sandwich bags or between two pieces of cling film. Keep the pads in the freezer until you feel the need to benefit from their soothing qualities.
- Just pick two and thaw them for a short period. Place the frozen cucumber pads on your eyes and let them act for several minutes.
Why are the Frozen Cucumber Pads So Beneficial?
We have all seen pictures of ladies having slices of cucumber on their eyes. There is a reason for the selection of this vegetable – the cucumber is one of the most beneficial options for improving the condition of eye skin and reducing any kind of puffiness.
Additionally, the cucumber is an excellent source of water. It will hydrate the skin in a very gentle and soothing way.
The cucumber slice or frozen compress has anti-inflammatory qualities, which is essential for reducing puffiness.
The frozen cucumber pads require just 10 minutes to be made. They are inexpensive and they will work each time.
Whether you feel eyestrain or your skin looks very puffy in the morning, give this natural treatment a try and you will be exceptionally happy with the outcome.