In this economy, who can afford to go to the dermatologist anymore for those monthly pick-me-ups? Not me. For years, women have been literally running to the docs to get alpha-hydroxy (AHA) products and peels for their highly touted exfoliating, peeling and soothing effects on the complexion. These professional peels work, but they are very pricey.
If your skin looks dull, or if you notice age spots, uneven pigmentation or fine lines, the natural acid peel may be just the solution. Using a mild alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) made from fruit acid peels are safe to do at home.
I found a fabulous homemade face liquid that will do wonders on your skin and all the ingredients are probably in your kitchen already.. I saw this recipe from an aromatherapist, natural health expert and author Julia Meadows who wrote Natural body care.
In it, it reveals that recent studies have shown that the epidermis is able to absorb vitamins and nutrients from topically applied liquid juice solutions, greatly benefiting the strength, elasticity and general appearance of the skin.
Here’s the ingredients:
- 1 large peeled grapefruit (or a small bottle of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice)
- 1 large apple, peeled and cored (or a small bottle of fresh-squeezed apple juice)
- 1 large ripe tomato (or bottle of tomato juice)
- 1/2 tsp of grapefruit-seed-extract
- Pass all pieces through an electric juicer or mix bottled juices together. I used my Vitamix blender as I don’t have a juicer.. yet.
- Add GSE (grapefruit seed extract), I used GSE because it has powerful anti-microbial properties.
- Pour into glass bottle and refrigerate until using.
- Saturate cotton pad or cotton ball and apply over cleaned face and neck, avoiding eye area and lips.
- Keep on face for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cool water.