No store-bought cream or mask can compare to the amazing benefits of DIY skincare treatments. I love experimenting with new recipes and ingredients. My newest favorite is Greek yogurt. A Greek yogurt facial mask is incredibly easy to make, plus it has the power to transform my skin immediately.
The mask brightens my complexion, nourishes the skin and makes it much more youthful. Keep on reading to find out how to make the mask at home.
- 2 tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- optional: one squeeze of lemon juice
- optional: one probiotic capsule
- Place the yogurt in a small dish. Add the honey (including lemon juice, if desired but not applicable for sensitive skin).
- Stir until you get a homogeneous mixture. Using your fingers or a facial brush, apply the mask to your face in a thick layer.
- Let is sit on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and splash with cold water for final rinse and moisturize as usual.
Beautiful, supple, radiant skin! Feel free to apply some argan oil to your face and under your eyes to further moisturize during the day or night.
Why These Ingredients?
The Greek yogurt facial mask utilizes several potent ingredients. Greek yogurt is rich in proteins and probiotics. In addition, it contains a bit of lactic acid that acts as a mild exfoliant, which dissolve dirt and nourish your skin.
The beneficial lipids and the proteins found in Greek yogurt helps wrinkles by making the skin firmer and restore its elasticity. It can help calm dry, irritated or sensitive skin.
Honey is the second ingredient that enhances the composition of the mask. Honey is a natural humectant that helps to moisturize your skin and has amazing anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities. It can be used for in-depth pore cleansing and it kills the bacteria responsible for acne formation.
(The mask can be enhanced further through the addition of lemon, feel free to add a heavy squirt of fresh lemon juice. It is a wonderful source of vitamin C – a powerful antioxidant that will make your complexion brighter. Vitamin C can also be used to reduce the prominence of dark spots. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to skip this final ingredient.