I always enjoy making natural, DIY beauty treatments, and I just can’t get enough of this one! It combines raw honey and coconut oil, both of which have great benefits for your skin and your health.
Whip this easy face mask and you’ll enjoy amazing hydration, and many other great skin benefits.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for your Skin
Coconut oil offers many health benefits, and it’s especially great for your skin. Some of the skin benefits include the following:
① Excellent Moisturizer
Since coconut oil helps with moisture retention, it’s a great skin moisturizer.
② Great Emollient
Coconut oil is made up of healthy fats that work as an emollient to your skin, soothing and softening your skin.
③ Reduces Dryness and Itchiness
Since the oil helps to reduce dryness and itchiness, it’s an excellent treatment for psoriasis and dermatitis.
④ Anti-Microbial and Antiseptic
Coconut oil has anti-microbial and antiseptic properties. It helps to reduce the number of microbes on your skin, which can help clear up and prevent skin infections.
⑤ Excellent Acne Treatment
The healing properties of coconut oil can help it heal acne, and its ability to kill bacteria also makes it a great acne treatment.
⑥ Effective Wrinkle Reducer
The antioxidants in coconut oil help it to combat free radicals, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
The Benefits of Raw Honey for Your Skin
Of course, this mask also relies on the raw honey for some great skin benefits. Excellent benefits you’ll enjoy from the raw honey include:
- Moisturized Skin – The raw honey is a humectant, which helps attract moisture to your skin, locking it inside your skin. If you have dry skin, the honey will improve moisture.
- Protects Skin Against Damage – The antioxidants that are found in honey help to protect your skin against free radicals, which may cause premature wrinkling.
- Healing – Honey promotes healing, and it also has natural anti-microbial properties that aid in the healing of wounds.
When you combine honey and coconut oil, you have a powerful face mask that offers many benefits. I use this mask a couple times a week, and the hydration it offers is amazing.
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Raw Honey
- In a small bowl combine honey and coconut oil together. Whatever you don’t use straight away, keep in the fridge.
- Using your fingers, apply evenly all over your face.
- Allow mask to ‘dry’ on your skin for about 15 minutes.
- After this time take a warm, damp washcloth and lay it over your face.
- Remove washcloth and gently remove mask with warm water.
- Use this 2x or 3x a week or when needed.
I’m actually using this twice or thrice a week and so far my skin feels super soft and hydrated. What more can you ask for!