I know that it sounds very much like an advertising slogan, but the truth is that each and every ingredient for this amazing powder can be acquired in a regular store.
Once you purchase the right quantities, you can start mixing the ingredients, and the result would be a translucent face powder that will make your skin glow.
If your oily skin caused you endless troubles in the past and only the most expensive makeup would deliver positive results, then you are probably having second thoughts when reading this.
The good news is that after the homemade powder is prepared and applied, you will share my enthusiasm and will turn into a fan right away.
I have oily skin, and the cornstarch does a brilliant job in absorbing excess oil but doesn’t set back dry skin, so there is no reason to worry about side effects. But remember, it has a life shelf, so make sure to check the expiration date.
Plus… the ingredients are so affordable. I got mine from Trader’s Joe and Whole Foods Market and its going to last for an extended period.
Anyway, I’ll cut the chase and tell you that the necessary ingredients.
- French Green clay powder (I bought mine here) – (has antibacterial properties, and gently absorbs skin oils to keep your face fresh)
- a bit of organic cocoa powder – (this is optional if you want a little bit of tint)
- cornstarch – ( organic is best and ideal for absorbing oil and creating a smooth finish)
- empty container – (I used my empty makeup container)
French Clay Powder is one of my favorite weekly ritual masks as it works as a deep cleanser while giving me a rosy, glowing complexion. (you can read my post here.)
① Mix 1 part of cornstarch and 1 part of French Clay powder to a small container.
② If you like to add some tint, you can grab a little bit of cocoa powder and mix it thoroughly.
③ The mixture may look like a bit of green, but after you brush it on, the color will match with your skin tone.
Tip: If you have a darker skin tone, you can go ahead and add more cocoa powder and green clay. Also, this homemade powder doesn’t have SPF protection, so make sure to apply sunscreen before your makeup application.
Some of the Benefits Using a Translucent Powder:
- Minimizes pores and fine lines.
- Absorbs oils to keep your skin looking fresh and clean
- Prolongs wear of Foundation, Lipcolor, and Eyecolor
- Can also be worn on bare skin for a fresh, feather-light finish
- Works beautifully for all skin tones and types
All these won’t set you back more than a few dollars, and their long shelf life will allow you to produce a larger quantity and store it for as long as one year.
Carefully mix the ingredients in a small pot or in a cup to make sure that no lumps endure and then leave the concoction to dry. Don’t be afraid if you spill a little powder on your clothes, because you can brush it away quickly and it leaves no traces or stains.