If you’ve looked at the whitening products at the store, you know how expensive they are. Luckily, there’s a natural, cheaper way to whiten your teeth.
Turmeric is well known for protecting your brain from aging and for its ability to reduce inflammation. It’s also a great antibacterial agent and a powerful antiseptic.
This powerhouse can even improve your complexion, treat acne and rosacea, smooth skin, and prevent wrinkles. You can read my separate post here. However, you may not know that turmeric is an effective, natural ingredient that can help you whiten your teeth.
3 Different Ways to Whiten Teeth:
① Make Your Own Turmeric Paste
- Make your own whitening paste by combining 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric with a bit of water until you have a paste.
- Apply this mixture to your toothbrush and brush your teeth like normal. Keep in mind, this will permanently stain your toothbrush yellow.
- You can also spread the turmeric paste on teeth with your finger, leaving the paste on for a couple minutes.
- Rinse away just as you would after you brush your teeth.
② Add Turmeric to Your Toothpaste
Another way to whiten your teeth using turmeric is to sprinkle just a bit of turmeric until the toothpaste that you normally use. Brush your teeth as normal.
③ Make a Turmeric Mouthwash
* You can even make your own whitening turmeric mouthwash.
* Mix some water with 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric and swish with it like you do regular mouthwash.
* When you use these turmeric whitening tips, you’ll notice that your teeth turn yellow. After using the turmeric routine, use a regular toothpaste and brush again. Teeth will be yellow temporarily, but when the turmeric is gone, they’ll be much whiter and brighter.
* If you want a natural way to whiten your teeth, turmeric is a great option. You do need to be careful when using turmeric since turmeric will dye other items bright yellow. However, it does offer excellent whitening results.
* When brushing, use an old towel under your mouth so you catch any drips before they stain anything. Rinse your mouth thoroughly and brush with regular toothpaste too.
* While you won’t see incredible results right away, if you keep using this whitening remedy, you’ll see teeth gradually become whiter.
Other Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric offers more than just whitening benefits. Since it has anti-inflammatory properties, it’s excellent for your gums.
Most people over age 30 are dealing with gum disease, and turmeric is a strong antimicrobial that can kill the germs that cause gum disease and tooth decay (and be sure to take your vitamin K2).
You can watch the video below for the turmeric action: