Using oil to clean your skin – it sounds like a really unusual idea! The truth is that sebum (the oily substance your skin produces) is dissolved by oils. This is why the use of olive oil as a facial cleanser makes a lot of sense.
Even if you buy the most expensive olive oil variety, you will still be spending a lot less than the amount you put in commercial skincare. On top of that, olive oil is natural and free from harsh chemicals.
Apart from cleaning the skin, the oil will keep it nourished. The procedure is suitable for all skin types and there will be no need to use cream after you are done.
Natural oil not only cleans, disinfects and nourishes the skin. It has many advantages that you can read here.
Using Olive Oil as Face Wash
Use warm olive oil to get the best results. First and foremost, you need to heat it up by placing the oil container in a bowl with hot water.
Keep the oil there for five minutes and if you want to, add a couple of drops of essential oil to the mix (this is optional).
How To Do:
- Dip a cotton pad in the oil. Wipe your face and the neck region. Look at the pad.
- If you see any dirt on the pad, get a new one and repeat the procedure.
- Let the olive oil stay on your face for 15 minutes. Blot the skin dry with paper towels.
Olive Oil Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer
There are two possibilities for giving your skin in-depth cleaning and getting all of that buildup out of the pores.
Both of the techniques involve the use of olive oil. Always start with washing your face before moving on to the second step.
Deep Cleaning Pores : How to clean your face and open clogged pores? If you like to do a deep cleaning, first wash your face with warm water and a soft sponge.
1st Way: How to Do
- The first cleaning method involves a piece of soft fabric like old towel or cheesecloth ( you can even use a paper towel). You need a piece that is large enough to cover your face. Cut holes for your eyes, nose and mouth (but this is not necessary).
- Pull your hair up in ponytail in order not to stain them. Soak a cotton pad in warm olive oil and apply to your face just like in the case of using olive oil as face wash.
- Soak the piece of fabric/face towel in warm water. Squeeze the excess water out and put it on your face. Relax for 15 minutes and allow the olive oil to do its magic.
- You can enjoy the procedure for a longer period, but you will need to soak the piece of fabric in warm water several times.
- Be careful. Water temperature should be comfortable and acceptable for the skin.
2nd Way: How To Do
- The second option involves dipping the face towel/cheesecloth in warm olive oil. Put this on your face and relax for 15 to 20 minutes.
- During these procedures, try to lay down with your legs up. That isn’t joke. It must be done to rush of blood to the head.
- You can blot the excess oil with a paper towel after removing the piece of fabric from your face. Both of these procedures are equally effective and relaxing – choose the one that you consider to be easier to execute.
I have one final tip for you – refrain from washing your face after having an olive oil treatment. The oil is rich in essential nutrients and micro-elements that healthy skin needs.
Just wait, and you will see most of it getting absorbed. Repeat the facial cleansing procedures for several consecutive days, and you will notice significant difference in the appearance of your skin.