I’m going to show you how to use tomato to help reduce the pore size on your facial skin. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and amino acids, both of which are effective at reducing the appearance of pore size. Their juice also helps dry up excess oil, which can lead to clogged pores that make them appear larger.
It is best to use raw tomatoes since they are still rich in antioxidants and nutrients. However, in the absence of fresh tomatoes, commercial tomato juice is an acceptable substitute.
Beauty Benefits of Tomato
① Tomatoes are an amazing fruit full of vitamin A and vitamin C. Both of which are antioxidants that contain acids to help keep your pores clear therefore making them look tight and small.
② Another property of tomatoes is that they are an astringent. An astringent can tighten the skin and keep it taut and firm.
Here’s 2 Options on how to Use Tomato to Shrink Pores
① Tomato Juice
What you will need to do is cut a tomato in half and massage it over the skin. Don’t remove it immediately. Allow it to remain there to penetrate into your skin.
This mask is general enough to use every day. This is a fresh mixture so you must make a batch immediately before use.
- Wash your face with a facial cleanser and warm water. Rinse the cleanser off thoroughly with splashes of water, and then blot your face dry.
- Dab juice from a tomato onto your face using a cotton pad/ball. Allow the juice to sit on your skin for approximately 20 minutes.
- Rinse the juice away with warm water and a gentle cleanser. Gently dab your face dry with a towel.
- Apply moisturizer to your skin by spreading it on your hands and wiping it on your face with smooth upward strokes.
- Repeat the process two to three times per day depending on how much you wish to reduce the appearance of your pores.
② Buttermilk and Salt
A homemade solution of buttermilk, tomato juice, and sea salt also shrinks large pores.
Buttermilk works to nourish skin and improve elasticity, while the salt works as an exfoliating ingredient, removing dirt and oil from the pores.
While tomatoes can draw out toxins, bacteria, and other impurities from the skin. They also cause the skin to get firmer and can reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- 1/2 large/medium tomato, mashed and seeded (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh buttermilk or buttermilk powder (or you can use plain yogurt)
- 2 or 3 tsp sea salt
- Pour the buttermilk into the mashed tomato juice, and add 2 or 3 tsp. of sea salt.
- Gently massage into the skin and let it sit for 10- 15 minutes, then rinse the face with warm water to remove the solution.