I’m a big believer in using natural remedies to treat common beauty problems. I come from a family where black circles are just a fact of life because of genetics, but that doesn’t make me hate how they look any less.
I began searching for natural ways to take care of this problem and was pretty astonished to discover that ingredients for these treatments I already had in my kitchen.
Pass the Parsley.
One trick that I could swear is the use of parsley. It is rich in vitamin K, a nutrient that, when applied topically, reduces blood flow to the eye area — a key factor in the formation of circles.
Over time, the fatty layer of skin under your eyes thins out, which, in turn, makes underlying blood vessels more visible.
Their slightly bluish color is what creates the illusion of circles underneath the eyes.
The vitamin C, chlorophyll and vitamin K in parsley help lighten skin and reduce puffiness. Hence their magical curing powers of dark circles.
Brightening Eye Mask Ingredients:
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
- Cotton pads
- Place parsley and yogurt (which has a cooling and hydrating effect on skin) into a food processor. Pulse until a smooth paste is formed and apply directly to to affected area. Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Or you can crush the parsley using the mortar and pestle, grind the parsley until it releases the juice in the leaves.
- If yogurt is not available, simply pour a tablespoon of hot water over the parsley and stir the mixture together.
- When the water has cooled down, use 2 cotton balls to soak up the juice. Lie down and keep the cotton ball on your eyes for 10-20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
To Fight Back:
Do this routine 2x or 3x a week to reduce dark circles. Results may vary, and the effects are not immediate. However, I’ve done this for a couple of weeks, and the changes are visible. You can give it a try.