Stress! We all deal with it. However, stress sabotages your skin. Just a few of the skin problems stress can cause include acne, breakouts and premature aging. Regular stress affects your entire body, including your skin. If you want fabulous skin, learning to reduce your stress is one of the best options.
Once I realized how important it is to relax and reduce regular stress, I decided to take measures to reduce my stress levels. I signed up for some meditation classes, deciding to learn how to meditate. My very first class was amazing. I met some great people, I learned some fabulous ways to relax and I even started learning some meditation techniques. I was so impressed with the techniques I learned that I want to share some of them with you. With just a few basic techniques, you can start meditating each day to reduce your stress levels.
Of course, you probably think you don’t have time to meditate. After all, you can barely find the time to whip up dinner. How will you every find time to start meditating? Well, consider this. If you take just a few minutes to meditate each day, you can improve the way the entire day goes. Most experts recommend that you take at least 10 minutes to meditate every day. This way you have time to take control of your thoughts so you can relax and release your stress.
Protecting Skin from Stress with Meditation
It’s actually pretty easy to start meditating to reduce the stress in your life. All you need to do is to start paying attention to your breathing, counting the breaths you take in and the breaths you exhale. When you first get started, you’ll notice that your mind tends to wander a bit. However, that’s normal and you’ll eventually learn to control it.
Whenever your mind starts wandering, simply acknowledge that your thoughts have wandered and then take your mind back to focusing on your breathing once again. With some practice, your mind will stop wandering so often and you’ll be better able to control your thoughts.
How do you Meditate?
- Step 1 – Sit down in a comfortable chair or on your bed. Make sure you’re comfortable. Then, sit up, keeping the back straight. Close your eyes and relax. Then, start paying attention to how you’re breathing. Count the breaths you take in and the breaths you take out.
- Step 2 – Make sure you simply breathe naturally. Don’t try to slow down or control the way that you are breathing. Just let your body naturally breathe and then focus on how the air goes into your body through the nose, into the lungs and then back out of the body.
- Step 3 – Once you take several breaths, start counting. When you breathe in, count slowly to three. When you breathe out, count to three slowly again. Keep breathing this way while counting as you breathe.
- Step 4 – You may think of something else, and if this happens, realize that you are letting your mind wander and then focus back on the counting and breathing. After meditating for 10 minutes, allow your body to return to normal. Open your eyes and look at everything around you. Stand up and stretch to finish your meditation session.
- Step 5 – Now you should realize that you are completely relaxed. Your body should feel relaxed and the stress should have melted away.