You’ve managed to increase your fitness level but there’s one thing that is still bothering you – the excess cheek fat is still there. Chubby cheeks can be a serious and a stubborn problem. Diets and traditional exercise will do very little to get it fixed.
You can try several simple techniques to lose some of that facial fat and decrease the puffiness. Here’s the list of 10 possibilities that work really well and that will deliver results in no time.
1. A Relaxing Hot Towel Treatment
Steaming is great for your skin, and it can have an impact on facial fat. There’s one more benefit – this treatment is incredibly relaxing, which turns it into a favorite for many women.
Boil some water and allow it to cool down a bit. Place a towel in the bowl and let it soak. Squeeze the towel to remove the excess water and place it on your face.
Facial steam should be applied in the evening before going to bed. Repeat the procedure five times or more to get the best results.
The heat from the towel will cause sweating, and it will stimulate the burning of fat. You’ll notice the results soon.
2. Blow Balloons
Did you know that blowing a balloon is an excellent form of facial exercise? The blowing makes the muscles in your cheeks work.
You’ll simply need to take a breath and exhale in a balloon. Release the air and repeat the exercise 10 times. If you’re consistent with this form of facial exercise, you’ll notice results within a week.
3. Rotating Tongue Exercise
Moving your tongue is another great form of exercise that will make your cheek muscles move. Close your mouth and rotate your tongue.
The tongue should touch the outer surface of the upper and the lower teeth while you’re performing the exercise. Do 15 repetitions and switch to the other directions.
4. Chewing Gum is Good for Your Face
Chewing gum will help you lose cheek fat quickly. Opt for sugar-free gum. You can chew for 20 minutes, two times per day. The exercise will transform the appearance of your cheeks and help you lose some of that facial roundness.
A bit of warm water in your mouth will enable you to perform another highly effective exercise. Gargling with warm water several times per day is great for losing cheek fat. The exercise is simple, inexpensive and it can be performed everywhere.
6. Facial Massage
If you want to sculpt your face and enjoy youthful, wrinkle-free skin, you’ll need to give facial massage a try. Very often, you’ll experience puffiness because of fluid buildup in the facial region.
The massage will improve the circulation, tone your muscles and give you glowing skin. To make a facial massage more efficient, you can rely on natural oils like ginseng oil and wheat germ oil.
Follow these steps:
- Put a bit of oil on the palms of your hands and apply it evenly on your face and neck.
- Start at the chin and move your palms upward. Do this 5 or more times.
- Next, you can apply gentle taps from the corners of the mouth to the ears. Repeat for 10 times.
- Stroke along the jawline and perform a circular massage on your cheeks. Repeat for 5 – 10 times.
7. One More Exercise for Puffy Cheeks
There are dozens of facial exercises you can give a try. If you want to strengthen the muscles located in the upper cheek area, you should give this possibility a try.
- Keep your mouth closed and blow air to puff up your cheeks. Hold your breath for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Next, you’ll simply have to try moving all of the air inside your mouth to the right cheek. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Switch to the left cheek and hold for 10 more seconds. Exhale and relax for a couple of seconds.
- Do 10 to 20 repetitions of the exercise.
8. Facial Stretch for Puffy Cheeks
Stretching the facial muscles will increase their strength, thus reducing puffiness. To do this exercise, open your eyes wide and stick out your tongue. Try to touch your chin with it. Hold for 10 seconds and relax. Repeat the exercise up to 20 times per session.
9. Smiling Fish for a Toned Face
The smiling fish exercise is another simple option you can try to lose facial fat. It’s great for the lower cheeks and the chin region. Suck your cheeks in and make a fish face. Try to smile while holding your cheeks in. Keep the facial position for 10 seconds and release. Do 15 repetitions.
10. A Final Suggestion for Facial Fat Loss
- It’s very important to control your food intake and incorporate a couple of lifestyle changes in your everyday existence.
- Refrain from going to bed immediately after having dinner and try to consume your last meal at least two hours before bedtime.
- Limit your intake of starchy and sugary foods.
- Finally, drink enough water and don’t replace it with other beverages. Water controls your metabolism and flushes out toxins from the body.
- Do the skipping rope 100 times per day, the effects vital play a role in the loss of facial fat.