During summer, people start complaining about sun tan. All of the UV protectors and sunblocks give 100% guarantee for no sunburn, but most of them are not so effective.
Basically, tanning is a natural process to protect skin from ultraviolet rays of the sun. Even it is a big issue for fair complexion because sunburn is more visible. One day without an umbrella and there will be tanning on your body.
Unfortunately, it is not easy to get rid of suntan and get your normal skin back. You have to keep lots of patience.
You don’t need to spend a buck of money on expensive cosmetic products for tan removal. There are several home remedies made up of natural products for tan removal. The best part about these natural remedies is they don’t cause side effects or allergy.
Let us look for some effective natural remedies to get rid of sun tan:
① Rice Powder and Honey Whitening Body Scrub:
- Rice powder
- Raw Honey
- Almond Oil (Optional)
- Take required amount of rice. Grind it finely like sugar powder. You can also use store bought rice powder but I prefer making it at home.
- Put in the honey and blend well in a spoon. Add honey a little by little until you get a grainy thick paste.
- If you have dry skin, add few drops of almond oil to this rice honey mixture.
How to Use:
- Now, on a clean wet skin, apply the prepared rice honey body scrub and spread it evenly – concentrating well on the knees and elbows.
- Start scrubbing gently with your finger tips. Don’t be too harsh on your skin. Scrub well on your neck, arms and parts that get easily tanned.
- If you have made/grind the scrub smooth enough, you can use it on your face as well. After scrubbing for 5-10 minutes, wash away with cold water.
- Dab your skin with a clean towel and put in lots of body lotion to lock the moisture (As scrubbing dries out the skin).
② Mixture of Gram flour, Turmeric powder and Yogurt
In India, it is a well-known remedy for tan removal. You can apply it on your face, neck, arms and other sun-exposed body parts regularly. This home made remedies is very useful for sun burn.
What To Do: You just need to take a spoon of gram flour, a pinch of turmeric powder and a spoon of curd in a mixing bowl. Make a paste and apply it on sun exposed area. Let it dry and wash with tap water. You will see immediate changes in your complexion. Obviously, nothing can remove complete sun burn, but changes will be recordable.
③ Mixture of wheat Flour, Grated Cucumber, Curd and Almond Powder
Here is another Indian remedy to get rid of sun tan.
What To Do: You have to take two tablespoons of wheat flour, one tablespoon of finely grated cucumber, two tablespoons of curd and half spoon of almond powder.
Mix them in a small bowl and make a paste. You can also add two pinches of turmeric powder in the mixture. Apply this mixture on your tanned body parts and let it dry. Now, wash with normal water.
④ Fresh Coconut Water
What To Do: You can apply fresh coconut water daily to your tanned area with cotton swab. Leave it for half an hour and let it dry, then wash with tap water. In some days, your skin tone will come to the natural complexion.
⑤ Milk and Turmeric
What To Do: Add a pinch of turmeric powder in a spoon of milk. Apply this mixture on your face and other tanned body parts. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and let it dry. This pack will give you relief from suntan naturally. Both ingredients in this pack are known for treating sun tan.
⑥ Fuller Earth and Tomato Juice
Fuller earth is popularly known as multani mitti. It is effective for treating sun tan.
What To Do: Mix fuller earth with tomato juice and make a paste. Apply this anti-suntan pack on your face and other affected areas. You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder and lemon juice in the fuller earth to make a face pack. Both of these face packs are wonder anti-suntan for oily skin.
⑦ Sandalwood Pack
What To Do: Mix a spoon of sandalwood powder with almond oil and coconut oil. Apply this mask on your face for half an hour, then wash with cold water. It will also give a cooling effect to your skin.
⑧ Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel keeps your skin hydrated and helps in soothing it. You can apply it regularly on your skin for treating sun tan.
What To Do: Mix a few mashed Aloe Vera leaves with lemon juice and apply on your tanned skin. It also helps in nourishing and cleaning your skin.
⑨ Mashed Papaya
Papaya is good for your facial skin. You can apply mashed papaya regularly on your face. It will also give a glow to your skin and remove all tan.
⑩ Potato and Lemon Juice
What To Do: A mask of mashed potato and lemon juice is really effective to get rid of sun tan this summer. You have to apply this paste for 30 minutes, then wash with cold water. Both, potato and lemon juice has anti-tanning properties.
Buttermilk is a wonderful natural remedy for tan removal. You can easily make it at home.
What To Do: Take a cup of curd and blend it in two glasses of water. Apply it on your tanned body whenever you go for a bath. It will show excellent results and your skin will come back to its normal complexion.
Apart from these natural remedies, you should also take some protective measures:
- Always use a UV protector or sunblock with SPF15 or more.
- Avoid going out or limit your time in scorching summer.
- Wear a hat or scarf, sunglasses whenever you go out in the summers.
- Also, prefer wearing body covering clothes.