No one likes having a double chin. After all, while the old saying goes that “two heads are better than one,” no one ever thinks that chins work the same way.
A double chin may reduce your self-confidence by making you unhappy with what you see in the mirror. Of course, a double chin also makes you look a bit older, and it can look unhealthy as well.
The good news is that you can get rid of that double chin. In fact, you won’t even need expensive creams or cosmetic surgery to do the job. All you have to do is start working those muscles that surround the neck and chin area.
If you’re wondering how to eliminate that double chin, it’s as simple as doing a few exercises. All you need is some determination. If you’re willing to do some exercises to work on this problem spot, you can eliminate it for good.
In fact, regularly using these double chin exercises will make you much happier with the face you see when you gaze into the mirror. Skip costly surgeries and cosmetic procedures and use the following exercises to get rid of your double chin.
About Double Chin Exercises
If you’re going to get rid of that double chin, you’ll need to work on some key facial muscles. The two key muscles you’ll be working on are the platysma and the mentalis muscles. For the best results, you should do at least one of these exercises each day to tone and firm up the area, eliminating that double chin.
When you begin using these double chin exercises, you’ll notice that the jowl, throat and neck areas all firm up too, eliminating dowager humps, turkey wattles, and pouches in this area. You’ll end up with a smooth, slender chin, neck, jaw, and throat area when you start using these exercises.
Exercise No. 1
- Stand up to do this double chin exercise. Then, gently and slightly pull the head back so your face tilts upwards towards your ceiling or the sky.
- Pull your lips up, puckering your lips as if you were going to kiss your ceiling. Hold this position for 4-5 seconds. Push your lower jowl forward, so you’ll feel the stretch under the chin. Hold for a count of ten. Repeat five times.
- Continue this exercise, performing it five times. Keep in mind, the rest of your facial muscles should be relaxed if they are not being used in the exercise.
Exercise No. 2
- You can perform this double chin exercise while in a standing or sitting position. Make sure your spine is pulled straight. Then, starting with your chin, you should start rotating the head from shoulder to shoulder.
- Do this slowly to prevent injury. You should only be making precise, slight movements with your neck. Then, start working until you can do full head rolls.
- If doing a full circular rotation causes problems for your neck, you can use semi-circular motions instead. Full rolls, or semi-circle motions, should be done 3-5 times to complete this exercise.
Exercise No. 3
- Sit down on the floor with legs cross Indian style. Your left hand should be placed on the floor with our fingers down. The hand should be about 10 inches away from your left hip. Avoid resting or leaning on the fingertips.
- Then, take the right hand, raising up the hand with the palm facing towards your cheek. Take the extended arm and bend it at your elbow, using the right palm to grab the left ear.
- Gently bend the head towards the right shoulder, but be careful to avoid getting the head and neck out of alignment. Gently apply some pressure while you continue to clasp the left ear, but don’t push or strain the neck.
- Take the left fingertips from the floor, putting them on the upper left arm. Apply gentle pressure to the arm while the head continues to stay bend towards the right shoulder. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Then, repeat the exercise using the opposite side of the body, starting with the right fingertips down on the floor and raising the left hand up with the palm facing your cheek. Repeat everything on that side.
How do I know if I’m doing the exercise correctly?
To ensure that the muscles are being tensioned, touch your fingers to your face between your lips and chin, and along the jaw line. You should feel the firmness of the tensioned muscles.
Muscles that are frequently tensioned became toned and tightened as they were during adolescent years. Touch this part of your face with your fingers and feel the firmness.
More Secrets to Help You Eliminate That Double Chin
All of the previous exercises are designed to treat throat muscles that have collapsed. This often occurs due to unhealthy lifestyles, increased weight, gravity, and aging.
- When you do double chin exercises along with other exercises designed to firm the face, it should lift the entire face. This means that it is a great idea to do a variety of face exercises to ensure you get a chiseled, toned look.
- Of course, regular physical exercise will also help you to lose that double chin. Great exercise ideas, such as yoga, weightlifting, running, and walking can all help you to lose that double chin. When used with the double chin exercises, you’ll enjoy better, faster results from the exercises.
- You should also take the time to chew food extremely well since this motion will help eliminate a double chin by defining the jaw line.
Focus on eating food at a minimum of 20 times or until you have almost turned it into a liquid. Doing this will also help you to avoid overeating, which will assist you with weight loss and long-term weight control.
- The point is to chew your food at least 20 times, or until it’s almost of liquid consistency. This will also keep you from overeating. If you don’t overeat, then you won’t gain weight, and this will help to control somehow the amount of face fat you have.
- If having a double chin is hereditary then you would just have to do all the natural means previously mentioned to reduce your double chin. If you are persistent and optimistic enough then your double chin will not just be reduced; depending on your age, it could even disappear.
Also, according to the yogic system, negative emotions can be stored in some parts of the body. It is believed that repressed anger takes its toll on the jaws, and since the jaw muscles are connected to the chin and neck muscles then releasing tension in this area will help a bit in fixing a double chin.
This can be done by shaping your mouth to a perfect “o” and saying “aaaaaaah” to release your lower jaw while the tip of your tongue is touching the back of your lower teeth.