Post from: beautytips4her.com
How to Get Glowing Skin
When it comes to skin care, I believe that using natural ingredients is important. If you’ve ever followed alternative medicine, such as the Ayurveda medicine, you’ll see how it focuses on wellness, rather than treating the symptoms of illness. That’s what I use when it comes to skin care. Wellness for all parts of your body requires you get an adequate amount of sleep. Lack of sleep shows dramatically on the skin.
Hydrating with natural oils is also important in Ayurveda care, just as exfoliated is. Finding all the right ingredients to use for my daily skin care that didn’t break my pocketbook wasn’t easy, but I do now how a regimen that works and is extremely affordable.
As with any type of personal care, if you’re like me, you don’t have all day to spend on it. Getting results without putting in a lot of time was important. When I was looking for answers, finding a combination of affordable and quick made the task a bit more difficult, but I think I have the perfect combo that can help you have a complexion that will scream healthy, eliminating the overzealous oil production, dryness and giving a healthy glowing look at the same time. You won’t have to spend a lot of time or money to achieve these results.
① Cleansers Can Be Drying
You think that if you spend a lot on a cleanser, it will do everything for your complexion, make it sparkly clean and more youthful. But if you are older or have dry skin, with little or no excess oil, smaller pores and sans any pimples, the cleansers you buy may be making your skin even dryer by removing the little oil you do have.
For People with Dry Skin
For people with dryer skin, cleansing with oil may be the solution to your problem.
- That may sound almost counterproductive, but using oil warmed in your hands, applied to your face and neck area in circular motions using upward strokes.
- Then rinsed in with a washcloth dipped in warm water may be just what you need to improve your complexion.
- You can use almost any type of carrier oil from coconut oil to olive oil.
When you’re “washing” your face with oil, make sure you don’t get any in your eyes, but be sure to do your lips. The oil you use to wash with loosens all the dirt and grime from the day, as well as all the makeup still on your face.
The warm wash cloth wipes the oil and dirt away, leaving your skin feeling smooth and clean. You can purchase a cleanser that costs a lot and does the same thing, but this is far less expensive and doesn’t contain any chemicals.
Attack the Problem Differently for Oily Skin
Don’t worry if you have oily skin, your solution is almost as easy.
- Just add a bit of baking soda to the olive, coconut or other oil you’re using to make a paste in your hand.
- Add a few drops of water to the mixture in your hand to make it easier to use and gently scrub your skin.
- Warm the mixture in your hands by rubbing it a bit.
- Apply it on your face using gentle, circular motions
- Do this for about 3 minutes and rinse it off with a washcloth dipped in warm water
Baking soda creates an almost soft scrub from the oil. In fact, I use it to clean things, such as the tub, after I sprayed it with vinegar and allowed it to sit.
A word of caution:
Don’t get all Rambo when you’re scrubbing your face with this. It is slightly abrasive and you want to show your skin love, not punish it. When cleansing, no matter what type of skin you have, always use circular upward motions to lift the skin upward, not pull it down—-gravity does that part well enough without any help.
② Feed Your Face with Fruit
Don’t mistake this phrase to mean eat fruit, although that does help your complexion. You can get excellent results from feeding your face with a fruit mask a few times throughout the month. Use any fruit you have that mashes easily.
The best are banana, cherries, strawberries or avocado—yes, avocado is a fruit. It’s a very large berry.
If your skin is dry, add a teaspoon of raw honey, but for those fighting acne or oil, a half teaspoon of cinnamon is what you need.
How to Create a Homemade Face Mask
- Mash up the fruit and add what you need for your complexion then apply all over your face, including your lips, and neck area. You can use the mash sans the honey or cinnamon if you’d like or don’t have them available. It still feeds your skin.
- Relax for ten to fifteen minutes and allow the mask to work. Make sure you’re in a position that won’t allow the fruit to fall off, such as laying on a couch with a towel under your head.
- When the time is up, remove the mask with a wash cloth using warm water and splash your face in warm water to remove any residue. You can close pores by rinsing in cold water if you have large pores. Pat dry with a towel.
③ Stop a Breakout in Its Tracks with a Natural Spot Treatment
Pimples require extra attention and a paste made of a smidgen—pinch—of baking soda and cinnamon mixed with a touch of warm water can do the trick.
How to Do it:
Put this mixture on your pimple(s) and let it do its magic overnight. In the morning just rinse with warm water to remove it. If you think the breakout came from stress, attack the problem rather than just the symptom. Practice meditation. If you don’t know how to do it (meditation), you can find videos on YouTube.
Restoring your skin to perfect balance and bringing your life into balance is what you need for beautiful skin. It doesn’t require a boatload of money, but can come from everyday ingredients you probably already have at home. Your skin will offer thanks by looking its best.