I’ve always had a soft spot for round numbers and at the same time I’m on an endless search for simple and efficient remedies for losing weight.
The idea of getting a flat tummy in exactly 10 days sounds wild but I’ve seen this strategy in action, and I am confident that 10 days from now you’ll be sharing my enthusiasm.
You need to be willing to make some changes, and some sacrifices are in order, but nothing radical and what’s most important nothing that can have side effects or jeopardize your health in any way.
Even the longest voyage begins with a single step and the plan of getting a flat tummy in 10 days starts with a purge. For the next 10 days, you won’t be indulging in any foods that taste good but are rich in calories and to succeed you need to forget completely about junk food.
Remember, no carbs for Day 1 and only eat four smaller meals like fruits, lean beef, vegetables, poultry, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, beans, nuts, seeds, etc.
Sugar is also off the table and from now on honey will be the only thing sweetening up your meals and most important, your drinks.
Apples will be your best friends, not as fruits but in the form of apple cider vinegar which diluted in water will help you speed up the fat burning process.
But some of you may have problem in drinking ACV because of its potent taste. Check out the recipe here to make your apple cider “drinkable”.
Make sure to get yourself hydrated by drinking 10-12 glasses of water to cleanse your system. If you want, you can try the fasting method for one to 3 days to start your journey in getting a flat tummy but allow to take 3-5 glasses of apple cider vinegar drinks.
- Just mix 1 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to an 8-10 oz of warm water. Take this drink 2 or 3 times a day.
You won’t be starving yourself to death, but expect to feel a bit hungry in the first couple of days as your body tries to adjust to its new, healthier diet.
As fruits and vegetables replace meat, you’ll anxiously wait for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but there is an upside to this diet plan.
You will get to eat more often, more precisely every two to three hours, to subside the sensation of hunger while speeding up your metabolism and stabilizing the blood sugar.
Try consuming 5 to 6 servings of fruits and greens, either raw or boiled vegetables is healthy. Refrain from eating high carbs fruits like apple or banana since you are allowed to eat fruits.
The thing that many sedentary people are fearing is that in order to get a flat tummy in 10 days, they will have to forsake their way of life and start exercising.
Leaving your comfort zone is never easy, but find solace in the fact that in this early stage, exercise is reduced to walking for no more than 30 minutes.
As exercise intensifies in the third day and you double your efforts, by adding an indoor routine to your 30 minutes walk, you also enjoy immediate gratification.
It consists in a more diversified menu for your daily meals emphasizing more on low carbs like one cup of oatmeal (equivalent to 50g of carbs) being allowed for breakfast.
This is the exception to the rule because, throughout the day, you will get to choose between vegetables, fresh fruits and yogurt with small quantities of lean proteins being also allowed.
- Place feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hips stacked over knees, knees over ankles.
- Extend the arms out straight so they are parallel with the ground, palms facing down
- Initiate movement by inhaling into the belly, and unlocking the hips, slightly bringing them back. Keep sending hips backward as the knees begin to bend.
- While the butt starts to stick out, make sure the chest and shoulders stay upright, and the back stays straight.
- Repeat this squat challenge for 10 times
Good things come to those who wait and after three days without meat, you will surely appreciate the fact that you will be allowed to eat 150 grams of boiled chicken and turkey breast.
Obviously, the quantities are still small but you can complement these tasty meals with vegetable and salad, and spinach is also recommended.
What better way to start your day than by eating an omelet, but make sure you don’t overdo it and limit yourself to 3 eggs tops. To reduce some cravings, you can eat a fistful of nuts and seeds.
To get a flat tummy, you need your abdominal muscles to start working, and that’s why you should proceed with specific exercises. Lay down on your back and do a couple of crunches, while repeating the exercise after taking a few minutes to cool down.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
- Place your hands behind your head so your thumbs are behind your ears. Don’t lace your fingers together.
- Hold your elbows out to the sides but rounded slightly in.
- Tilt your chin slightly, leaving a few inches of space between your chin and your chest.
- Gently pull your abdominal inward.
- Curl up and forward so that your head, neck, and shoulder blades lift off the floor.
- Hold for a moment at the top of the movement and then lower slowly back down.
I can go one month without milk, except for the one I put in my coffee but when on this quest to get the flat tummy in 10 days, I was glad to hear that low-fat milk was allowed in the 5th day.
Vegetables and salads are also in the menu, while bananas are added to the list of allowed fruits.
Not a day can pass without exercise, so once again put your abdominal muscles to work by doing a different exercise.
Make sure to keep yourself hydrated the whole day.
Ample extensions of your arms while lying on the back with your knees bent will work wonders, and you will discover with satisfaction that these stretches can be done effortlessly.
Just remember to focus on your breathing to maximize the results.
- Have your knees bent and the balls of your feet and heels placed flat on the ground.
- Place your hands on opposing shoulders, so that your arms are crossed over your chest, or behind your head. This allows you a central rising point.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles gently by drawing in your belly button to your spine.
- Keeping your heels on the ground and your toes flat to the ground, slowly and gently lift your head first, followed by your shoulder blades.
- Hold the position for a second. Slowly bring the torso back to the floor but try to keep it slightly elevated off the ground.
Now you are half way through with the 10 days wonder strategy, and you should celebrate with grilled chicken breast or fish if you prefer it.
Fruits and vegetables are allowed throughout the day, while eggs return to the menu, this time in the form of scrambled eggs complemented by green beans for breakfast.
I hope you got used to the set of exercises by now because on this particular day you will have to go through all of them in a single session, which can be a bit challenging but it is definitely worth the effort.
For the sake of diversity, shift to aerobics as this is supposed to have a two-pronged effect by breaking the monotony while helping you speed up the metabolism.
Good deeds don’t go unrewarded, so you can treat yourself to some duck breast and spinach for breakfast and enjoy some watermelon and Brazil nuts during the day.
Keep snacks frequent and tiny, as your goal is to forget about hunger, without increasing your calories intake.
If you know how to swim but never found the time to go to the pool, this is the day to jump into the water and enjoy a short swimming session.
Start your day with an omelet and some wheat bread, and drink up to 12 glasses of water throughout the day, while occasionally eating fruits, vegetables and yogurt.
At this point, you are probably waiting for the final day to see the results, and this is what makes Day 9 the most difficult one as this is what we call a vegetarian day.
Vegetables will help you go through the day and forget about hunger, while your exercises will be more diverse than ever, including aerobics, swimming, and your daily walk.
- Increase walking to 40 minutes
- You can either opt for all the crunches and sit-ups or you can do only the swimming and aerobic exercise.
The end is nigh but instead of celebrating with a cake, stick to fruits, grain foods, and the occasional snacks while including rope jumping to your exercising routine.
Now you look fabulous, and you have a flat tummy, something that probably sounded too good to be true 10 days ago.
The diet and exercise routine ends here, but to preserve your gorgeous looks don’t shift to an unhealthy diet and stay away from junk food in all its forms.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but this diet worked for me when I wanted to get my tummy flatter. Do this diet at your own risk.