I don’t know about you, but I never felt the urge of tasting my face wash, at least not until recently when I discovered a great homemade recipe. I strongly advise against eating it, because although it looks delicious and has a distinctively appealing smell, not all its ingredients are edible.
I’m a big fan of orange and grapefruit essential oils, and fortunately, both of them are an integrated part of this face wash (but this is optional).
Anyway, you may wonder why we should wash our faces with honey. First of all, honey contains superior antibacterial, probiotic, and healing properties and is super nourishing and hydrating. If you have any skin care ailments ranging from eczema to acne, honey can help heal them as well as minor wounds.
And yes, it does matter what kind of honey you use for your skin namely, it needs to be raw and unfiltered.
Organic and “all natural” don’t necessarily mean the honey hasn’t been processed, removing all the good bits of antioxidants and nutrients. I chose Manuka honey because it has the most anti-bacterial properties.
As a result, the mixture smells heavenly, and you will look forward to applying it on your face, and occasional thoughts of finding out whether it tastes as good as it smells will pop up in your mind.
Assuming you find the strength of resisting these thoughts, the actual effect on your skin will definitely exceed your expectations and you will be pleasantly surprised.
After all, why wouldn’t you be surprised because it is truly a treat for your skin and after successive applications, you won’t go back to your commercial alternative?
Being a homemade remedy, you can brew decently large quantities and stored correctly it can easily pass for a longer period.
You will have your much-needed face wash ready to use whenever you feel like it, and the costs are insignificant compared to nearly all products we find in stores.
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil (or coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil)
- ⅛ Cup Liquid Castile Soap (or you can use baby wash)
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ⅛ Cup Organic Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Vitamin E oil
- 10 Drops of essential oils: grapefruit, sweet orange, lemon (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and blend together with hand blender or a wire whisker.
- Pour ingredients into a container with pump or a convenient bottle.
- To use: Pump small amount in hand and lather with water.
- Leave it on for 2 minutes and rinse
- Wash face with special care to avoid delicate eye area in case essential oils causes irritation.