Good skin care demands the selection of the best products. My experience shows that some of the best skincare possibilities involve natural ingredients. Their anti-aging and soothing qualities make skin beautiful, radiant and healthy.
Want to make your skin “happy?” Honey and green tea facial treatments are two of the possibilities that your skin is going to love because of the amazing benefits that come with these.
Quite inexpensive and easy to find, these two should turn into your skincare routine staples.
Natural Honey Green Tea Facial Mask
Here, I used Green Tea powder (or you can use green tea bag – just cut open the tea bag, ground the leaves and use it) mixed with raw honey to achieve a simple yet effective facial mask. Add half a teaspoon of green tea powder into one full teaspoon of honey.
The green tea powder granules act as a peeling scrub for the face. Apply and leave on for 20 mins on clean face, and gently scrub in circular motions.
Wash off with lukewarm water after. Make sure you give your face a clean wash to avoid finding ants being attracted to your face.
Green Tea Benefits
- Your skin needs antioxidants to stay youthful and beautiful. Green tea is a wonderful source of various incredibly potent antioxidants that protect cells against free radical damage.
In addition, a green tea treatment assists skin cell repair and regeneration. This is why green tea can be used to combat the first signs of aging, especially when used in combination with honey.
- A green tea mask has soothing qualities, which makes it perfect for sensitive or excessively dry skin. It also protects the skin from the harmful influence of UV rays and can even neutralize some of the damage caused by unprotected exposure to the sun.
- Aids in cell renewal process of our skin. Aged cells are energized by the polyphenol compounds in green tea, synthesizes the DNA and prevents premature aging.
- Green tea can be used as a skin lightening agent. Many lightening creams contain harsh chemicals, but green tea facials work in an all-natural, mild and safe way..
The antibacterial qualities of green tea turn it into the perfect ingredient for an anti-acne mask. Finally, it is incredibly inexpensive, and the preparation of green tea facials is a simple task.
Instead of going for chemicals-filled commercial treatments, you can easily make your masks and get the same results.
Benefits of Using Honey on our Skin
Delicious honey is one of the most powerful super foods. It can be used for the treatment of various conditions and it is also amazing for your skin.
- Antibacterial – Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities that turn it into the perfect acne remedy. The ability to reduce redness and inflammation almost instantly make it a suitable option for pimple emergencies.
- Antiseptic – When honey is diluted with water, it produces hydrogen peroxide. This is an antimicrobial agent (fights against microbes, a micro-organism), helps to relieve abrasion and over-exfoliated skin.
- Good cleanser – The stickiness of honey, combined with its antibacterial qualities, turns it into the perfect facial cleanser. Dirt and bacteria that accumulate in the pores can be extracted easily through the use of a honey cleansing facial.
- Effective Moisturizer – If your skin is in desperate need for additional moisture, you can rely on the amazing qualities of honey, as well.
When applied to the skin, it forms a barrier and “locks” moisture inside. This way, honey can be used to prevent skin drying and to increase the efficiency of hydrating products.
- Protect Against Harmful Sun Rays – Honey’s natural antioxidant properties help protect the skin from the damage of sun’s rays, supports the skin’s ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin.
- Prevents wrinkles – Honey is an excellent anti-wrinkle option. This bee product is a natural type of preservative. When applied topically, it slows down the effects of aging and prevents the appearance of the first premature wrinkles..
Give it a try, but if you have sensitive skin or wants to be sure if your skin reacts adversely to any ingredient, please always start with a patch test on the chin area a day before.
This will ensure you do not get any undesired reactions from your DIY facials.