Do you think you only need to moisturize when your skin is dry? If so, you’re making a big mistake. All skin must be moisturized, since your skin deals with a lot from the external environment, such as heat, cold, the wind, sunlight, dryness, and more.
For all these obvious reasons, the moisture balance of your skin fluctuates. Most people don’t drink enough liquid, and eventually, the skin begins losing moisture, which results in premature aging.
Every skin type requires humidification and moisturizing. You can restore the water balance of your skin in many different ways. One option is to head to a beauty salon or spa a couple of times a week for various skin care treatments. That’s great for your skin. However, most people don’t have the time, or the money, to have these treatments done regularly.
You can do moisturizing mask by yourself two or three times a week and you will have a glowing face with perfect skin like after visiting beauty salon. One of these masks is homemade papaya face mask.
Papaya Benefits for skin
① Why should you use papaya?
This fruit actually offers a variety of great skin benefits. It’s often used in skin care creams for the body and the face. It helps to lighten skin, offers great moisture, and it nourishes your skin as well. Papaya even helps to exfoliate your skin, eliminating dead skin cells so your skin looks brighter and younger.
② It’s not only the papaya that offers great benefits to your skin. The glycerin in this face mask also offers some wonderful benefits. Glycerin is a humectant, which means that it attracts water.
This means that is an excellent ingredient for skin since it helps to maintain the skin’s water balance. It seals in the moisture, keeping moisture from escaping from your skin. You’ll also find that glycerin helps to improve skin’s appearance. Using it on skin makes skin look more attractive, leaving you with supple, soft, moist skin.
③ Last, the egg yolks used in this mask also offer some excellent skincare benefits. Egg yolks contain retinoids, which help to delay aging, giving you skin that looks youthful and glowing.
For individuals with acne, the Retinol also helps. It contributes to reducing oil production and can treat and prevent acne. Egg yolks also offer essential vitamins for skin, moisturizing the skin. Even individuals with sensitive skin will have no problem with this natural ingredient.
- 1 Tbsp of mashed papaya
- 1 egg yolk (or 2 tsp yogurt)
- 1 tsp of glycerol ( vegetable glycerin or olive, coconut oil)
- Mash papaya to turn into a puree.
- Separate the white from the yolk.
- Measure equal parts of glycerin and water (1:1 ratio).
- Mix the egg yolk, mashed papaya and a teaspoon of glycerin.
- Wash your face. Wet towel in the water (as hot as your skin can tolerate), but don’t get burned. Put a towel on your face and hold until it cools down. Do that three times. Such procedure will open the pores of the skin and will do mask working more effective.
- Apply the mask onto your face and relax for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water and splash it off with cold water to close the pores and apply your favorite moisturizer.