Coconut is a refreshing and energizing scent, and it’s also an effective moisturizer for dry, itchy skin. With a combination of rose water, coconut oil, and lavender oil, you can transform ordinary castile soap into a luxurious hydration treatment in the winter or whenever you need an aromatic lift in the shower.
- 2 cups castile soap (unscented) or you can use baby wash
- 1 cup rose water (or distilled water) – read instructions here for DIY rosewater
- 3 – 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 15-20 drops lavender oil (optional)
- Mix the rose water with distilled water in a pint jar, and shake until the water is distributed evenly.
- In a quart-sized container, mix the rose water, castile soap, coconut oil and lavender oil.
- Gently shake the container until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Fill a smaller bottle with the body wash and place in the shower. You may use a small squeeze bottle, a bottle with a pump dispenser or any other type of plastic bottle.
How to Use Your DIY Coconut Body Wash
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
- Pour a small amount of body wash onto a washcloth or bath pouf.
- Distribute over your body.
This homemade moisturizing coconut body wash is gentle enough for facial use, and it makes a nourishing shaving gel. It’s safe for all members of the family, so mix up a big bottle and encourage everyone to keep their skin hydrated year round.