Summer and hot weather mean changing all my skin care. My skin still needs moisturizing, but not the heavier moisture barrier it requires in the winter when the furnace-heated air is dryer.
Like most women, I use a skin nourishing heavier facial cream at night and let it work while I sleep. However, during the day, a light moisturizer under makeup is the best way to keep my skin looking its best without clogging pores.
I love this serum because it uses only natural ingredients and makes my skin feel fresh and clean while providing all the nutrients and moisture barrier it requires.
Why these Ingredients?
① Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of my go-to skin products. I try to use it as often as possible because it offers so many benefits. Not only does it moisturize, but it also has healing properties for minor abrasions, acne, and fighting aging.
The antioxidants, vitamin C and E and beta-carotene help firm the skin while hydrating it.
② Jojoba Oil
I use jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-ba) as my a carrier oil. There are so many different ones you could use. Oily and acne prone skin benefit from jojoba, neem, pumpkin seed and castor oil, just to name a few, while damaged or aging skin improves with sweet almond, wheat germ, and jojoba oil. Normal skin can use almost any type of carrier oil.
I use jojoba oil because it not only moisturizes skin, which you would expect from a natural oil, but it is also absorbed readily. It contains powerful antioxidants like vitamin E that helps eliminate wrinkles, won’t block pores and has antibacterial properties to help fight adult acne.
③ Essential Oils
My summer daytime moisturizer also uses essential oils. My two favs are frankincense and lavender.
- Frankincense has anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties act as a natural toner and fight wrinkles while tightening skin.
It also contains prophylactic, which not only protects skin cells, also encourages new cell growth.
- Lavender is good for all types of skin. It helps skin cell regeneration, but also smells fantastic and relaxing.
- 2 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp carrier oil (I used jojoba oil) - I bought mine from Amazon.com
- 4-5 drops of your favorite essential oil - *optional (I used lavender and lemon, smells so good)
- amber bottle
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Use a small funnel to pour ingredients into your amber bottle (with dropper lid)
- Shake well before each application.