One of the main reasons your facial skin starts to sag with age is the reduced production of collagen. This protein keeps your skin tight and firm, so you can restore some of that firmness if you encourage increased production.
It may seem unlikely that a facial made in your home could be powerful enough to do that, but there is one that can help. It’s made from egg and cucumber and is incredibly nourishing to the skin.
The facial mask recipe below includes silica found naturally in the skin of cucumbers, proline, and plenty vitamin C to encourage the production of collagen. Cellular regeneration is encouraged as well with the addition of frankincense essential oil.
These ingredients are far more affordable than any facial mask you can buy in a department store, and it will deliver the same, if not better, results.
Benefits of These Ingredients:
① Cool as Cucumber
- The benefits of treating your skin with cucumber go far beyond the nourishing ingredients which stimulate collagen production.
- It also soothes and refreshes your skin while fighting inflammation. When your body is inflamed, you’re more prone to blemishes and free radicals can get out of control.
- Cucumber is a natural treatment that can reduce the inflammation while tightening the pores for a more youthful appearance.
② Smooth as Egg White
Whip up some fresh egg whites and treat your skin on a regular basis, and you will be surprised how bright your pores can glow.
- Not only do egg whites enhance circulation of blood within the skin, but it tightens and refines your pores by adding amino acids and proline to your skin naturally.
- Collagen is formed from these amino acids, so you boost production of collagen while smoothing out imperfections in your complexion.
③ Frankincense Essential Oil
- Add some frankincense essential oil to promote cellular regeneration, and you have a great recipe for helping the body create new, gorgeous skin, no expensive pills or beauty supplies required.
Now that you understand the many benefits of using a homemade facial mask made from whipped egg whites and cucumber, it’s time to get started. Your skin will thank you for encouraging the production of collagen naturally.
Also, don’t forget to boost your diet really with vitamin C and good sources of amino acids, such as eggs, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- 2 or 3 inches of fresh cucumber, with skin
- 1 egg white
- 2 drops of frankincense essential oil (optional)
① Whip together the cucumber and egg whites in the blender on the lowest setting until you have a nice froth. Pour into a glass or ceramic bowl and add the frankincense and cornstarch (just enough to create a paste-like consistency).
② Start by gently massaging your face first to get the blood flowing to maximize the benefits of the ingredients.
③ This will help the skin to absorb more nutrients. Rinse with warm water and then apply the mask. Leave the mixture on for fifteen minutes, rinse, and pat dry.
④ For the best results, follow the face mask with an astringent toner, such as witch hazel extract, to further minimize the appearance of large pores and keep them tightened longer.