Puffy eyes can happen for some reasons, but they always make you look older, tired or as though you’ve just finished a long cry, in other words, unhappy.
In order to eliminate the puffiness, you have to take action if you want to look better immediately. You don’t need a treasure trove of ingredients; it only takes two of them that you probably already have in your refrigerator.
Benefits of the Ingredients
The skin around the eyes is thin and also quite sensitive. Lemon juice not only bleaches and lightens the area but also has vitamin C that is good as an antioxidant.
Tomato juice also has an abundance of nutrients. It contains lycopene, an antioxidant that gives tomatoes their red color, vitamins, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, A and K, as well as minerals, such as magnesium.
The antioxidants can help reduce the swelling and flush the toxins away from your eyes and out of your body.
- Combine equal amounts of juice from tomatoes and lemons to create your serum. You won’t need much, so the juice from one cherry tomato and the juice from a quarter of a lemon should be enough for both eyes.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and an equal amount of juice from the tomato and mix it together.
- Don’t worry about seeds, you’ll be applying the liquid with a cotton ball and the seeds stay in the dish.
- You’ll have enough in the dish for one application, which should take care of the puffiness quickly.
Get faster results with cold serum
You can use chilled tomatoes and lemons for even better results. The coldness of the two will add to the benefits by constricting the blood vessels around the eyes, which not only helps reduce the puffiness faster but also eliminate the dark circles that sometimes occur when you have puffy eyes.
If you just purchased the tomatoes and lemons, make the mixture and put it in the refrigerator for about a quarter hour or in the freezer for about 6 minutes.
- Dab the mixture onto your eye area carefully and gently. The skin around the eyes is extremely thin and stretches easily, making the problem worse if you pull at it.
- Lemon juice and tomato juice will both burn your eyes, so be careful not to get any in them.
- After you’ve applied it, repeat at least once. Gently tap on the area with the tips of your finger to increase circulation and help reduce the swelling.
- Most people find the ring finger is the best to use to avoid too much pressure.
- Allow the mixture to remain on your eyes for approximately 15 minutes then close your eyes and splash the area with warm water, flushing it thoroughly to remove all residue.
- You can also use a warm cloth. Lightly moisturize the area with cream intended for the eye area.
- This can bleach the skin around the eyes, so be aware of this if you’re using it often and have deeply tanned skin.