Facial expressions are an important part of communication and we all make them. My face is a window to my soul and every emotion has its impact on my appearance and on the facial gestures that I make. For me, it was easy; the “11” between the brows.
Are you one of the people that often raise or furrow their brows? You are not alone! I tend to raise my brows on a number of occasions each day.
Though the gesture puts emphasis on the way I feel, it also tends to have an impact on the smoothness of my forehead.
The first signs of wrinkles become visible when the muscles are fully relaxed. Your problem area could be the corners of the mouth or the delicate skin around the eyes.
Inspect your face to pinpoint the exact places where wrinkles are appearing before moving on to trying my simple, yet highly efficient solution.
If you’re a ‘mouth’ expresser, and smile a lot or contort your mouth/purse your lips to show emotion, you’re more likely to have the corner of the mouth and “smile” line wrinkles. So, find the wrinkle-prone zone YOU need to target.
What you’ll need:
- Scotch Tape (preferably the invisible one)
- OR you can use the sports tape
- Take a small piece of tape that fits in between your furrow lines. Put this tape in a clean face, dab a thin amount of moisturizer between the creases (just to keep it moist) while you covered it up.
- Spread the skin apart to open up the creases and stick it down and spread/smooth it out from the center and out. You can trim the corner of the tape to perfectly fit in your forehead.
- You can use this tape on your forehead lines, crow’s feet area around the eyes and smile lines as well. Just use the same technique.
- Again, if you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you can give it a try, see if you develop any kind of acne or pimples any irritation to it because there’s a glue or adhesive on the other side.
But if you experience some irritations, just discontinue using it. I found no irritation on my skin so I’m using this every day.
The Logic behind the Scotch Tape Anti-Wrinkle Treatment
This technique is very simple, yet highly effective. The skin in the particular area of the face is vulnerable because of the facial expressions (furrowed brows) that you make.
Repeated movements cause the appearance of lines and indentations that become more prominent as you age.
While you are wearing the tape, you will feel uncomfortable making the particular expression. It will serve as a reminder to keep your face relaxed.
Once you’ll get used to something there, you’ll gonna re-train yourself NOT to frown so much.
This PREVENT you from making these wrinkle-causing expressions while you’re wearing them. Therefore, if you wear them to bed as suggested and get your standard 8 hours of sleep, that is 1/3 of your day that you are NOT actively contributing to wrinkles.
Depends on how deep your furrow lines are, you have to stick with it to see results. It may take a few days to smoothen out the area.
Watch the video below:
Keep in mind that this kind of anti-aging treatment may be unsuitable for ladies that have very sensitive skin. Do a little test before trying the technique.
Put a little piece of scotch tape on your face and observe for a reaction. If you get a rash, redness or acne as a result of the tape usage, discontinue the experiment.