Sinus pain can be debilitating and only people that have experienced this kind of ache know how it could affect every aspect of life.
In my experience, inhalations and hot drinks rank among the simplest, most natural and efficient methods of overcoming issues like sinus pain. Apple cider vinegar is a great option for finding relief.
Apart from using it for inhalations, you can make a hot drink that will hydrate your body and decrease the sinus congestion that is causing you so much trouble.
Apple cider vinegar has numerous health benefits and when combined with cayenne pepper in this soothing drink, it will have a nearly miraculous effect on sinus congestion and pain.
Replenishing your liquid balance when sick is of uttermost importance for fast recovery. Apart from being a wonderful hydration option, this drink is packed with essential nutrients and microelements that deliver faster healing.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and Cayenne Pepper
① Cayenne pepper has long been used as a natural sinus infection remedy. The capsaicin that gives the pepper its hot taste is a pain inhibitor and an anti-inflammatory substance. It decreases the ache associated with sinus infections while helping for faster sinus drainage at the same time.
② Apple cider vinegar is another incredibly useful ingredient when taken orally. Unfiltered apple cider vinegar contains live enzymes and essential nutrients that reduce the symptoms of allergies, help for breaking up mucus and strengthen the immune response.
- The vinegar is a very potent anti-viral and has an anti-bacterial substance. It also promotes pH regulation because of its acetic acid content. The acetic acid inhibits bacterial growth and creates a hostile environment for harmful microorganisms.
- If you are looking for ways to boost the efficiency of this sinus pain remedy even further, you can add a teaspoon of honey to it.
③ Honey is probably the most potent natural remedy for a range of common conditions. It is an anti-bacterial and anti-viral substance that will work with the other ingredients to promote faster recovery.
Ready to try out this strange and spicy brew to find some relief? Keep reading for the sinus-soothing recipe.
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 wedge lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil. Let it cool down a bit ’til it reaches to warm temperature
- Combine warm water and apple cider vinegar in a small glass or mug.
- Add raw honey and cayenne pepper. Stir well. Top off with a squeeze of lemon.
- Take a deep breath of the mixture, and start drinking.
Drinking this hot mix three times per day will make the blood vessels inside the nose dilate as a result of capsaicin’s action. This stimulates secretion and results in faster recovery.