You must be wondering… What’s so good about Fenugreek seeds?
Just like any other girl with acne-prone skin, I have been doing my fair share of remedy research. There are many options, all of them supposedly delivering miraculous results.
Choosing the best option happened to be a tricky process for me, especially because of the fact that I prefer natural treatments.
While doing my research, I came across fenugreek. A popular part of Indian cuisine, fenugreek or methi contains powerful antioxidants that result in anti-inflammatory qualities and antiseptic properties.
It can help heal various skin conditions like eczema, acne, and its also great at removing blackheads from the sebaceous ducts of the skin.
Fenugreek is also recognized as an antiseptic, which makes it great for the treatment of acne, the toxins and impurities that cause acne can be easily cured by this herb, that’s why it is great for clearing out blackheads!
So here’s a super easy DIY face mask you can make at home and you only need 2 ingredients and 5 seconds of your time to make it 🙂
- A teaspoon of ground Fenugreek seed (whole Fenugreek seeds are fine too, you’ll just need a grinder or if no blender available, just grind them in a mortar and pestle. )
- A tiny bit of distilled water (I added milk instead for extra goodness) or you can add yogurt or curd as well
- If you can get your hands on some fenugreek powder, then you can skip the step of grinding the seeds into a powder.. but if you have seeds like I do, you want to grind it up into a fine powder.
- Once you have it in powder form, you can add some distilled water (or full-fat milk like I did) and mix it into a paste. Make sure you don’t add too much water, because you want it to be a paste-like consistency, similar to apple sauce.
- Apply the Fenugreek mixture on your face where you need it, usually where blackheads are or where you tend to get acne/have acne.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes or more and then wash it off with warm water and don’t forget to splash with cold water to close the pores.
- I normally apply the mixture all over my face for great benefits and sleep with it overnight (you don’t need to do this but it’s only me and I rinse it off the next morning).
I use this mask often when I get hormonal acne and at least once or twice a week in rotation with other DIY face masks :). This mask makes my face feel tighter, softer and less oily on my problem areas. Be sure to apply a moisturizer on your skin afterward.
Note: The fenugreek mask is a natural remedy and as such, it will demand more time to deliver its benefits than an OTC acne remedy.
Be patient and use the mask consistently until you begin seeing improvements. You can continue using the fenugreek mask every now and then to prevent future acne outbreaks.
The antioxidants that fenugreek contains are really beneficial for your skin and they will give you clear and youthful complexion.
The fenugreek paste should be used as a topical remedy. Talk to a nutrition expert or a physician if you want to consume the paste.
Though fenugreek is a herb, you should be cautious about consuming large quantities of it. Some hypersensitive individuals could have an allergic reaction so caution is advised.