Got dry skin? Looking for a homemade lotion or hand cream that will nourish your skin? Look no further. This recipe is super nourishing, super versatile and super simple.
I’ve bought so many lotions and creams in my life, but have really wanted to go to making homemade lotion myself. I have this ridiculous bent towards DIY stuff.
I can’t stand forking out a ton of money for something when I can make it for a fraction of the cost myself. Now, that doesn’t mean that I am opposed to buying high-quality things.
In fact, I’ve been using a pretty pricey hand and body cream for the past years that I really love, but I’ve been hoping to have a DIY version for my home that I could also recommend to all of you.
This homemade lotion is:
- non greasy
- super easy to make (no fancy tools–just melt, stir and pour)
- smells great
- has flexible ingredients (so you can pretty much use what you have on hand)
Anyhow, this lotion is solid at room temp, but it isn’t super hard and softens up really quickly in your hands.
You’ll Need: (*Just adjust the ingredients for bigger batch)
- 12 g/0.4 oz cocoa butter (or shea butter)
- 12 g/0.4 oz beeswax (or you can use coconut oil)
- 30ml/1 fl oz almond oil (or you can use grape seed or calendula oil)
- 10 drops of carrot oil ( or borage seed oil (optional)
- 10 drops orange or tangerine and vanilla essential oils (optional)
① Melt cocoa butter and beeswax in a bain marie (a bowl sitting in a saucepan of water), stir well, turn off the heat.
② Add the almond, carrot or borage and essential oils. Pour into a sterilized jar while still warm.
③ Label and enjoy using up to six months if not before.