It’s nice to pamper your nails from time to time. If you’re like me, you live a busy life and you don’t have the time to pay attention to your nails and cuticles regularly.
Even if you always make it a regular manicure, those manicures may not be helping your nails. Many nail polishes include plasticisers, pearls, solvents, resins, thickening agents, pigments, and film formers.
Since your nails are very porous, your nails and the rest of the body may absorb those chemicals. Most of the ingredients found in nail polishes are manufactured synthetically.
Maybe you don’t use nail polish. However, your cuticles and nails are still being exposed to the environment around you, and they may become dry and brittle.
This means it’s worth spending a little time to treat the nails and cuticles. If you want to avoid nasty chemicals, here’s an easy DIY, natural nail and cuticle oil you can easily make with ingredients that are all-natural.
Make this delightful DIY lemon nail oil and you’ll be able to nourish your cuticles and nails. The DIY nail oil uses helpful essential oils that improve the health of nails, and they include anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties too.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil (optional)
- Start by gently warming the coconut oil and olive oil together using a double boiler. Only warm until they feel warm – you don’t want to overhead the oils.
- Add the Vitamin E oil and the essential oil drops and stir the mixture together.
- Get a shallow bowl and pour in the warm oil mixture.
- Sit down in an area where you can sit undisturbed. Check the temperature of the oil to make sure it’s not too warm and then immerse the nails in your DIY nail oil. Gently massage the oil into the nails and cuticles, and just enjoy relaxing.
- After you’re done, use a clean cloth to wipe the nails dry. Sit back and admire the amazing shine of your nails.
Why These Ingredients:
The vitamin E, olive, and coconut oils work to nourish the nails and the cuticles, and these oils also shine your oils. The addition of essential oils adds antifungal and antibacterial properties to the treatment.
How Often Should You Use It?
You can use this luxurious DIY nail oil daily. Keep leftovers in a sterilized, airtight container. However, it always feels best when it is warm, so consider warming the oil every time you decide to use it on your nails.