You’re probably familiar with hibiscus tea and its health benefits but did you know that the hibiscus flower could do amazing things for your hair? Widely grown in India, hibiscus has a vast range of uses in traditional medicine. When used topically, it can promote the growth of stronger and thicker hair. In addition, you can use hibiscus flower powder to prevent split ends, control dandruff and reduce hair fall.
Why These Ingredients
Making hibiscus flower infused oil is a relatively simple task. You’ll need a couple of basic ingredients that produce stunning benefits.
There are many different types of hibiscus plants but the one producing red flowers is the most beneficial for your hair. The ground hibiscus flower has soothing properties that reduce scalp irritation, graying of hair, spit ends and keeps hair healthy, black and nourished at the same time prevent the appearance of dandruff. Hibiscus flower powder can be discovered in many Asian stores, as well as online shops.
Mustard oil is the second ingredient of this DIY hair care possibility. Though it has a relatively strong smell, mustard oil is incredibly beneficial. Derived from the mustard seed, the oil contains a vast range of essential nutrients and vitamins. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, D, K and E. Some of these vitamins, particularly A and E play an important role in hair and skin health.
Finally, the oil contains many important fatty acids. These restore the shine and the lusciousness of even the driest and thinnest of hair.
- It actually made my hair grow faster.
- It gave my hair a light golden tint.
- My hair texture improved.
- Less hair fall.
- Hair quality improved.
- Makes hair healthier and strong.
Making the hibiscus flower infused oil is a very simple task and you’ll need just a few basic ingredients. It is natural, inexpensive and great for handling a vast range of hair problems. I recommend this recipe to everyone, regardless of hair type.
After giving this recipe a try, I became addicted to it! The results were noticeable right from the start. My hair texture changed and my locks became a lot shinier and smoother. I’ve been suffering from fragile hair for a long period of time and this was a great fix.
However, in order to see improvements, you need to apply this oil at least 3x a week. I also combine Castor oil and Almond oil with it to get more benefits at times.
- Cold pressed Mustard oil (or you can use coconut oil)
- 2-3 Hibiscus Flowers
- One clean bowl.
- One clean container
- In a clean bowl, pour cold pressed mustard oil (you can add more oil if you want and just simply add extra flowers to increase the potency of the oil). But I normally create a small batch that I can used within 1 or 2 weeks since we are not adding any preservatives, besides I like to use it fresh.
- Once the oil is ready, you can now place the hibiscus flowers and submerge them into the oil making sure they are all completely immersing deeply in the oil. Leave it for 24 hours or at least overnight.
- After 24 hours, you can see how the color of the oil has changed and the flower petals have become transparent.
- Crush the flowers as much as you can.
- Then sieve it and pour it in a clean bottle container. You can also leave the crushed particles if you like.
How To Use:
Gently massage the infused oil on your scalp for 3-4 minutes (it’s best to do this routine at night) and let it sit overnight. Then, you can wrap your hair with a plastic bag or shower cap to trap the goodness from the oil.
Once you are ready to hit the sack, line your pillow with an old towel to avoid staining it. The next morning, you can wash off your hair using your regular shampoo (you can shampoo your hair twice if you feel your hair is a bit greasy).