Both coconut oil and aloe vera gel get a lot of press when it comes to health benefits, particularly the benefits for the skin, but when you put the two together, you get the dynamic duo of skin care.
Both are often part of body and face creams but often used separately. When used together, it adds the element of synergy to strengthen their already potent powers.
You’ll find coconut oil in commercial products
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and helps slow the aging process, so it’s used in moisturizer.
- If your skin is itchy and dry, you’ll often see coconut oil in lotions used for it.
- Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties and used in lotions for these problems.
- Beauty creams use coconut oil to encourage a natural glow.
You’ll find aloe vera gel in commercial products
- Aloe vera helps rebuild and heal, which is why it’s often in lotions for sunburn.
- It helps soothe inflamed and irritated skin, so manufacturers use it for this, including skin allergies.
- If you buy skin cream for aging skin, it often contains aloe vera to hydrate and rejuvenate skin.
- Creams for scars, stretch marks, acne and aging spots all use aloe vera.
Create your own dynamic duo gel/cream
- ½ cup of solid organic coconut oil.
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. Use the pure gel and not the juice.
- A few drops of your favorite scent of essential oil (optional)
Preparation is easy
- Put the ingredients in a bowl and stir together. As you mix them, it will become thicker and lighter. It takes five to ten minutes before it’s the proper thickness to add the essential oil.
- Put the new dynamic cream into glass containers that have a lid. Keep this cream at room temperature.
Use this cream just as you would any skin cream or body lotion. To maximize the benefits, use it after a warm shower when your pores are open and skin is moist.