You’re probably already aware of the old trick for puffy eyes – placing chilled slices of cucumbers over the eyes to remove puffiness. Cucumbers offer wonderful results when used on the eyes, but cool cucumbers have a lot more to offer.
A DIY Cucumber Wrinkle Treatment
If you want to start reducing or preventing wrinkles, consider making your own cucumber wrinkle treatment at home. All you’ll need is a cucumber and some natural honey. Honey has a number of skin benefits as well, making it a wonderful addition to the cucumber.
- 1 or 2 slices of cold cucumber
- 1 tsp raw honey
- To use this treatment, peel the cucumber and slice the cucumber into slices. Gently dab some honey on the areas where you have wrinkles and then cover the honey with a slice of cucumber.
- Continue this with all the areas on your face with wrinkles. You may want to lie down so the cucumber slices will stay in place.
- Leave the honey and cucumber on your face for 15-20 minutes. Remove the cucumber slices and gently cleanse away the honey.
- You’ll notice that skin looks rejuvenated, smooth and beautiful. Continue the treatment several times weekly to enjoy the best anti-aging results.
Benefits of Cucumbers for Skin
The cool, vitamin-packed goodness of cucumbers also offer great results if you want young, beautiful, wrinkle-free skin as well. Since cucumbers are mostly 95% water, they help hydrate the face while rejuvenating and plumping your skin, which means you can benefit from their wonderful anti-aging results.
While cucumbers provide a healthy, tasty snack, they are also wonderful for your skin. Eating them is beneficial to skin, but they can be used topically as well. Cucumbers can help to reduce the appearance of those dark circles around your eyes since they include silica and antioxidants.
Applying cucumber to the skin can also help to reduce freckles. Using cucumber on your face can help rejuvenate skin, improving your overall complexion. You can also mix cucumbers with other ingredients, such as honey, which helps to tighten pores.