I guess you already knew my endless love for DIY’s, from skincare beauty to braided bracelets so I decided to make some. They are so easy and affordable craft to do aside from that, they are adorable and pretty. For the braided leather bracelet, I normally begin with the right side over the center, left, right and bring the bottom up and through the right loop. This process will bring everything in a twist, but don’t worry, this will straighten out the twists.
Here’s the step by step instructions on how to create a braided bracelet either by using leather or tshirt.
DIY Braid Leather Tutorial
These leather bracelets can be purchased at Michaels or Hobby Lobby (any craft stores.)
Take the bottom of your bracelet and flip it inside of strands 2 and 3 (you are moving it away from you). The strands will be twisted on the bottom.
Braid left strand over center, right strand over center, and left strand over center again. Now you’re going to flip the bottom of the bracelet in between strands 1 and 2. This will eliminate the twist at the bottom of your bracelet and flatten it out.
Braid right strand over the center, left strand over the center, and right strand over the center again. Repeat the the first step by flipping the bottom of the bracelet in between strands 2 and 3. You will now have a “twisted bottom” again.
Repeat steps two and and three until you can no longer braid and your strands are flat. This means that you will end braiding by flipping the bottom of the bracelet between strands 1 and 2, so that the entire bracelet is flat without any twisted strands.
You can get more scope here @ pumpkin & a princess
DIY Braided TShirt Tutorials
Spare Cotton or jersey T-shirt. Choose White and grey color as they make good base colors for pastel or neon cord.
1 yard of rattail cord for each bracelet. (you can get this at JoAnn’s for 50-99 cents a yard)
Magnets (you can get these at craft stores)
Hot glue or tacky glue
1. Grab your spare shirt and cut it into 3 strips (12 inches long and 1 inch wide approximately).
2. Get your rattail cord by cutting it into 3 pieces with 10 inches length each cord.
3. Anchor the top with a bobby pin or rubber band, separate into 3 strands, and start braiding.
4. When you get to the end of the braid, snip the ends, bunch all of the pieces together, and glue on the magnet.
5. Do the same to the other end. Wrap it around your wrist and make sure you have the right length before attaching the second magnet.
6. Cut two little pieces of fabric to cover over the magnet ends.
7. Fold the fabric over the magnet and glue together.
Visit Henry Happened on this tutorial