Post from: beautytips4her.com
So, this is by far one of my fave facial masks. I normally use this once, sometimes twice a week especially when I’m breaking out. This has really helped to clear up my skin overall. You will really feel it tightens and pulsates, but you have to apply it SUPER THICK (like approx. 1/4 inch thick for that to happen) – totally not kidding.
Bentonite Clay and Why It is Awesome
Did you spot the claim on the label, that it’s “the world’s most powerful facial?” ‘This is so true. There really isn’t anything you can put on your face that is better than bentonite clay at drawing out impurities. Every time my skin starts to break out due to hormones, stress or certain foods – this is my go-to-facial mask to eliminate those uninvited visitors showing up on my face.
If your pores need a deep cleansing, then this seriously magical mask is for you. Try it and you’ll be amazed by the result.
What you will need:
- 2 tsp of Indian Healing Clay (it is %100 Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (you can add more to make a thick-consistency paste)
- Mask brush or spatula
- Non-metal mixing bowl
- Non-metal measuring spoon
- In a glass bowl, mix the clay with the apple cider vinegar until you have a smooth mask consistency. If it is too runny add more clay. If it is too dry add more ACV.
- Starting at the forehead and working your way down apply the mask to your clean skin. You can use a facial brush or clean fingers.
- Leave the mask on for 15-30 minutes.
- Take a warm soaked washcloth and saturate your entire face without rubbing and then go back and gently wipe – it should easily come off. I follow this up with an ice-cubed buttermilk or you can use a moisturizer or a toner.
- As the clay dries, it tightens up dramatically, kinda even pulling. I’ve definitely felt tingles. Leave it on at least until it dries.
A Few Things to Consider About this Mask:
- Apply this mask once a week if you are looking for a deep pore cleansing treatment. I you have acne or are experiencing random breakouts I recommend doing this mask 2-3 times per week, with a day in between each mask.
- If you have rosacea or have sensitive skin this may be too much for your skin. White clay is a great alternative mask.
- I do not suggest using any other apple cider vinegar other than the one I have listed above.
- The apple cider vinegar will temporarily cause your skin to be red after the mask is removed. This may last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. So just be aware this is normal.