The secret to voluminous hair may not be in the products you use, but in how you use them. For healthy hair with bounce, giving the scalp some TLC is key.
The health and vitality of your scalp are the foundations of your hair’s growth and health. Exfoliating and massaging the scalp helps boost blood flow, which stimulates hair follicles to produce thicker, more lustrous hair growth, reduces dandruff and promotes overall hair health.
We spend so much money on hair products that we are entitled to be frustrated when we realize that dandruff is unlikely to go away.
The reason for why this persistent problem keeps plaguing us is that we don’t do enough to keep our scalp healthy. Regular shampoo and conditioner do their part, but they are not sufficient enough in addressing the key problems. Therefore we should always seek alternatives.
Why Scalp Treatment is Essential?
- It increases blood circulation to your scalp to speed up hair growth.
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Relieves dry, flaky, tight skin from winter months
- Removes build up from products and elements.
- Keeps your hair clean
Tea tree and Rosemary oils are a great addition as they stimulate hair growth, besides removing the product build up. In the absence of a proper scalp treatment, dandruff will thrive but this mixture will swiftly deal with it, and constant use will keep it away for good.
There are few recurring conditions as annoying as this one, so it is refreshing to know that you can get rid of it once and for all.
Unlike commercial scalp treatments that should be used for a limited period of time so that the side effects don’t outshine the benefits, these 2 homemade remedies can be used indefinitely.
Here’s 2 Options for Scalp Treatment
Option 1: You’ll Need:
- Virgin coconut oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Rosemary Oil
Grab about 4 tablespoons of softened coconut oil, mix with 3-4 drops of rosemary oil and 3-4 drops tea tree oil.
Tea tree essential Oil and Rosemary essential oil work efficiently in treating dry, flaky scalps plus they help stimulate the hair follicle to encourage hair growth. However, be mindful in adding the amount as too much tea tree oil can cause skin irritation.
Option 2: You’ll Need:
- Virgin organic coconut oil
- Lemon Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
Mix 4 tablespoons coconut oil with 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Grapefruit contains medicinal properties that are essential for the growth of thicker and healthier hair strands.grapefruit is a good natural hair loss treatment for women. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti-depressant agent.
*If you suffer from dandruff or other hair conditions characterized by a dry and flaking scalp, applying grapefruit essential oil can help reduce these problems.
- Start by dividing your hair into 4 sections. Part your hair horizontally and place the brush on the scalp/part. Rotate it across the scalp while pressing down and pull off in the end.
Make sure you don’t tangle your hair. Repeat across the entire scalp, parting the hair in tiny sections. This will stimulate the blood circulation and loosen any dry skin scales.
- Next, follow the same sections and apply the mixture. Gently rub the coconut oil down the entire hair shaft.
- Rub/massage with your fingertips in a circular motion all over the scalp. Put a plastic hair cap and leave the treatment on for 20-30 minutes . Rinse it off with your regular shampoo and conditioner.