When skin is young and healthy, it appears alive and vibrant, but aging skin often looks dull and uneven. Unfortunately, this comes with aging, but you probably don’t want to live with aging, dull skin.
What To Do?
The good news is that you can do some things to slow down and reverse the effects of aging, eliminating that problem with dull skin. Plenty of hydration is definitely important.
While your body is largely composed of water, water levels in the body can fluctuate throughout the day. It’s important to make sure that you always drink plenty of water, which can help keep skin hydrated.
The Next Step
Dullness occurs due to the skin’s uneven surface. This means that using scrubs, masks, peels, and exfoliators can help bring back the bright, even skin that you want.
Here’s a look at three simple recipes that you can make with ingredients from your kitchen:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp sour cream (not fat-free)
1. Start by placing the egg white in a glass bowl, beating it until it becomes fluffy.
2. In another bowl, mix the lemon juice, grapefruit juice, and sour cream. Then, add the juice mixture to the egg white, mixing gently.
3. Apply the mixture after cleansing your face. Leave the mask on your skin for 15 minutes.
4. Use warm water to rinse the mask away and use cold water as a final rinse to close your pores. Gently dry your skin.
Why it works:
Both grapefruit and lemons include citric acid, AHA, which naturally helps to exfoliate skin. It’s also packed with powerful antioxidants. Both juices promote bright, smooth, younger looking skin. This mask is particularly effective for individuals with oily skin.
- 1 organic tomato
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp honey
In a glass bowl, smash the tomato. After it’s completely smashed, add the honey and brown sugar, mixing well. Massage the tomato mixture onto the face, using a gentle, circular motion. Allow the mixture to stay on the skin for five minutes. Rinse thoroughly, drying your skin gently.
Why it works:
Tomatoes include lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radicals. The brown sugar is excellent for exfoliating your skin.
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp powder milk
- 1 Tbsp freshly brewed chamomile tea
- ¼ tsp organic honey
In a glass bowl, mix all the ingredients together until you have a soft paste. Apply the paste to wet skin, gently massaging it into the skin. Allow it to sit on skin for two or three minutes. Rinse it away and dry gently.
Why it works:
The milk contains lactic acid, which exfoliates the skin. Cinnamon stimulates your skin, the honey heals, and moisturizers and the chamomile help to soothe skin.