Bikini Waxing – Brazilian Waxing
Waxing is a simple method of temporary hair removal which moves the hair from the roots. It lasts about two to eight weeks before new hairs will grow back in the previously waxed area.
Eyebrows, face, bikini area, legs, arms, back, abdomen and feet can be waxed. With regular waxing, permanent hair reduction can be achieved.
The other areas of the body that should never be waxed are ears, nose, eyelashes, eyelids, palms of the hands and soles of the feet. These are sensitive skin that can be severely damaged if waxed. Only licensed professionals are allowed to wax genitals and the nipples.
Waxing is done by spreading a wax and you can do it on your own at your own most convenient time. There are two types of doing it, hard wax and the strip wax, you may choose what is more convenient to you and your skin.
In hard wax, the wax will be applied on the area and it is a bit thick with no paper strips. The wax hardens and when it cools just remove the hard wax without the aid of cloths. This method was most beneficial to people who have sensitive skin.
How to (strip) wax your legs at home:
1. Buy a waxing kit that best suits your budget.
2. Have adequate hair. Let your leg hair grow at least ¼” long.
3. Clean your legs. Apply a light dusting of powder, baby powder helps remove oils helping the wax stick better to hair.
4. Apply wax on small area evenly in the direction of hair growth. Apply evenly to the leg hair so that it’s not hard to remove.
5. Cover with strip. Apply the strip in the direction of hair growth, press and firmly smooth hand over strip in the direction of hair growth to make sure that wax is attaching to hair and has slightly cooled.
6. Wax off by holding the end of the strip that is not attached to the hair. Remove strip in the opposite direction and in one quick pull all the way to the other side. If a slight bit of wax with hair remains just put the strip back on the leg hair and pull it off again.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 on some areas.
8. Use tweezers for small hairs missed by leg wax.
9. Use baby oil or petroleum jelly to clean the waxed area for the remaining residue.
10. Apply after wax lotion to help soothe the skin.
Before trying this out, test a small amount of wax on hand before putting on your leg to make sure of the reaction on your skin and ensure that it is not too hot.
• The most painful form of waxing is the Brazilian wax because of the intimate process done in the private area. Most people regarded this kind of waxing as unnatural for the reason that it marks an inadequacy appearance. Expect the most usual reaction after waxing like prickling or itching as newly hair starts to grow however, there is a tendency in getting in-grown hair.
Generally, friction in the bikini area is uncomfortable and bothersome because of the newly exposed skin. Brazilian Waxing is not advisable for use if you have diabetes or circulatory issues due to the possibility of getting infection.
Benefits of Brazilian Waxing
• Waxing has been commonly used for many centuries by ancient women to stay cool. Brazilian wax draws attention to men that’s why most women bear the pain aside from that, Brazilian wax is hygienic because it takes away hair that accommodate harmful germs or bacteria.