Potatoes are a wonderful root vegetable that can be used in so many delicious recipes. From mashed potatoes to potato salad, most people are a fan of this veggie.
You may be surprised that potato juice has many great health benefits. Potato juice includes important nutrients, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, calcium, potassium, fiber, phosphorus, and more.
This juice is a wonderful tonic for many health, skin, and hair problems.
Benefits of Potato Juice for your skin:
Potato juice can be used topically as an excellent treatment for your skin. Some of the skin benefits potato juice has to offer include:
- Treating Acne – Dab a bit of potato juice in acne affected skin.
- Bleach Dark Spots – Apply the juice to the face regularly to bleach away dark spots.
- Soothes Sunburnt Skin – Cold potato juice will cool and soothe sunburnt skin.
- Soft, Glowing Skin – Regularly using potato juice on the skin keeps skin soft and glowing.
- Rejuvenate Skin and Eyes – Take a cotton ball and dampen it with potato juice. Rub on the face and under the eyes to rejuvenate the skin and eyes.
- Reduce Dark Circles – Take cotton balls dipped in some potato juice and apply under the eyes for 5-15 minutes to reduce dark circles.
- Lighten Skin and Reduce Puffiness – Mix lemon juice and potato juice together. Apply to the face to lighten the skin and reduce overall puffiness. However, avoid sun exposure, since lemon juice makes skin more sensitive to the sun. You can also mix potato juice and cucumber for the same effect.
- Reduces Wrinkles – Mix together some potato juice and olive oil and apply to fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles. It helps reduce wrinkles for younger looking skin.
- Hydrates Skin – For deep hydration, make your own potato mask by mixing potato juice with curd. Apply to skin as a mask. Rinse after 15 minutes with warm water. Reduces wrinkles, tightens skin and hydrates.
Potato Juice Benefits on your Dry And Grey Hair:
You can even use potato juice to improve your hair. It benefits graying hair and dry hair. Hair loss is controlled, hair grows faster and thicker, and your hair is also protected from external agents since it is natural.
Follow these steps to use a potato juice mask:
- Grate and squeeze out the potato juice from a potato.
- Add a little honey and the white of an egg to it.
- Apply the mixture on your hair. Make sure you cover all parts well.
- Let it stay on your hair for about 2 hours or so.
- After 2 hours, wash off your hair using a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
- Your hair becomes soft, silky and smooth after this treatment. It boosts the health of your hair and makes your hair beautiful from inside and outside.
If you are having dry hair mix potato juice with aloe vera and apply that on your hair to give a shiny look to your hair
Instead of applying shampoo on your hair, try applying potato juice which will darken your hair by giving it that beautiful glow you want.
Potato juice gives a soothing effect to your GI tract and also cures excess acidity and indigestion. This is due to the alkaline nature of potato juice.
Beans and fats can cause a terrible disease called gout. This disease is also cured by potato juice. For treating gastric disorders and gout, it is very effective to drink a glass of potato juice on a daily basis.
Raw Potato Juice Benefits on Health:
Raw potato juice offers some great health benefits. Here’s a look at some of the benefits this juice can offer you.
- Improved Digestion and Weight Loss – Regularly consuming potato juice may help to improve digestion. It can also aid in weight loss.
To enjoy these benefits, drink a cup of the juice when you wake up and a cup a couple of hours before you head to bed. If you want to improve its taste, add other juices or honey to your potato juice.
- Reduced Cholesterol and Detoxification – Daily drinking potato juice will help to reduce levels of bad cholesterol. Regularly consuming this juice also helps to detoxify the body by flushing away excess waste and harmful toxins.
- Treats and Prevents Cancer, Heart Disease and More – Raw potato juice is effective at treating and preventing cancer, heart disease, diabetes, liver disease, and other diseases.
- Offers Relief from Arthritis and Joint Pain – Individuals dealing with arthritis or joint pain may find that drinking potato juice daily helps to reduce arthritis pain, joint paint, and even back pain. The anti-inflammatory properties of potato juice provide this pain relief.
- Reduces Inflammation – Since potatoes have anti-inflammatory agents, drinking potato juice can help to reduce inflammation. Rheumatism, arthritis, and other problems caused by inflammation may be effectively treated with regular consumption of potato juice.
- May Treat Sciatica – The potato juices helps to improve overall health, and it may help treat sciatica in some individuals.
- Treats Kidney Disease – Potato juice may also help treat kidney disease effectively. It can help to prevent the formation of calcium stones in the kidneys and urinary tract.
Other health benefits that you may enjoy when consuming potato juice regularly include:
- Improved immune system
- Fewer problems with mouth corner cracks
- Treats gastric ulcers
- Effective lumbago treatment
- Reduces high blood pressure
Things to Note When You Drink Potato Juice:
- Look out for potatoes that are new sprout, have no spots, and are also ripe.
- In some cases, people may suffer from diarrhea due to potato juice. So, be careful about that.
- You could add some herbs like nettle, sage or spirulina, or even carrot juice to increase the taste of potato juice.
- In case you have any stomach trouble or issues with digestion, avoid drinking potato juice.
- Potato juice can be so useful and helpful, that you can use it to cure a lot of your issues and troubles. Make full use of this vegetable and keep healthy.