Coconut water shall forever be found in my fridge. Right beside the aloe vera juice. Yeah, tropical cultures have been on to this health and beauty secret for centuries, but coconut water is definitely the hot kid on the block these days.
Celebrated because it is fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-cal, and naturally loaded with electrolytes (it has nearly twice the amount of potassium of banana) coconut water is being marketed as the next best thing since holy water.
Benefits of Coconut Water for Skin
- It brings an instant glow to your skin. For this, wash your face with coconut water every day. This will soon give you a glowing, smooth, and even-toned skin. Also, you can make a facial pack using coconut water. Just add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 1/2 tsp of red sandalwood to make a paste. This will help you get a smooth and flawless complexion.
- Treat Acne and Acne Scars. To do this, apply coconut water directly to affected areas or, mix coconut water with turmeric (soak paste for 3 days in the refrigerator) and apply as a mask.
- A Natural Moisturizer. As it is light in consistency, it can also be used as a natural moisturizer. It helps in reducing the oil and greasiness of the skin. It is highly recommended for people with oily skin.
- Cure your Sun Tan. For this, create a facial mask by combining coconut water and 1/2 tbsp multani mitti (fuller’s earth) to make a paste and apply to your skin everyday. This natural face pack removes tan and dark spots, leaving your skin with a radiant glow.
- As a Daily Wash. Washing your face daily with fresh coconut water can help prevent blackheads, acne, blemishes and pimples that often take away your good night’s sleep.
- Amazingly Hydrating. If you have a dry and dull skin, a splash of coconut water or a gentle dab of it can re-hydrate your skin instantly. Besides this, coconut water is a fantastic hydrating alternative to water. Drinking it can cure dehydration, thereby keeping your skin soft and supple. It is this dehydration in the body which does not allow the excretion of body toxins, leading to several skin related ailments.
How to Use Coconut Water for Hair
- It addresses the issue of hair loss by improving blood circulation in the scalp. And, it is this proper blood flow, which enhances the density of hair and strengthens the hair follicles preventing it from breakage.
- Massaging hair with coconut water every day can bid adieu to unruly, rough and frizzy hair. It makes your hair smooth, soft, and shiny. With its powerful hydrating properties, coconut water moisturizes your hair roots, giving them much strength. It can also be used as a natural conditioner.
- Extra Hair Hydration. Boost your shampoo or conditioner with a couple capfuls of coconut water for extra hydration and scalp treatment.
- It comes with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which prevents itchy scalp, dandruff, and other infections that hinder hair growth.
Where to Get It?
Pure coconut water can be found at some health food stores, vitamin stores, and ethnic markets.
Are you up on the coconut water craze? How do you use it?