Humidity can result in a bad hair day and be dealing with frizzy hair is frustrating. The summer often comes with hot, humid air, which can leave you dealing with those frizzy locks. The good news is that you can use some easy, natural, DIY, home remedies to help tame your hair.
Turn frizz into beautiful locks with these fabulous home remedies. The best part – you probably already have most of these ingredients at home.
Here’s the 5 easy things you can do at home to help tame frizzy locks!
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
The acidity of apple cider vinegar does wonders to smooth frizzy hair, and can be used as a rinse to reduce frizz. Not only will it help eliminate frizzy hair, but it also adds shine to hair as well.
- Once you shampoo and rinse hair, rinse hair again with some apple cider vinegar. Ensure that all your hair is rinsed with the vinegar.
- Allow the rinse to sit on hair for 30-60 seconds, and then rinse away the apple cider vinegar using cool water.
- Condition your hair after the rinse, which will help you to eliminate the smell of the vinegar. If the smell of the vinegar bothers you, you can dilute with water.
Avocado & Olive Oil Mask
Olive oil and avocado can come to the rescue if you are dealing with frizzy hair. The two can be combined to create a conditioning mask for hair. Both olive oil and avocados offer great hydration and avocados specifically include fatty acids that will smooth away frizzy hair.
- To make this mask, take an avocado and mash it up, adding just a bit of olive oil to the avocado.
- Whip the oil and avocado together. Use the mask instead of conditioner after shampooing.
- Ensure that all your hair is covered with the mask and allow it to sit for 30-60 minutes before rinsing the mask away.
- If you don’t like the smell of avocados, use a bit of conditioner on hair. Hair will be smooth and soft.
Raw Egg & Olive Oil Treatment
you can try combining olive oil and raw eggs, and then use it on your hair.
- Take a spoonful of olive oil and whisk it together with a raw egg. Egg yolks contain healthy proteins and fats, and they offer an excellent moisturizer to hair.
- The egg whites will eliminate unwanted oils from the hair, but the olive oil will lock in moisture, which beats frizz.
- Before you shampoo or condition hair, apply this treatment to hair, allowing to sit on hair for about 30 minutes. Rinse away and then wash and condition hair as normal.
Coconut Oil or Olive Oil Treatment
Both coconut oil and olive oil can be used alone to help tame frizz. If you have it coconut oil is a wonderful choice. Not only does it offer plenty of hydration to hair, but it smells great too. If hair feels dry or seems frizzy, rub a bit of the coconut oil on hands and run through hair, avoiding the roots and focusing on dry ends. Of course, you can use olive oil in the same way, but it doesn’t smell quite as nice as coconut oil does.
- I just rub some on my fingers and run them through my hair when it is feeling really dry.
- Focus mostly on the ends when doing this, as opposed to the roots (you don’t want your scalp to get too oily).
- Another great option is olive oil – Warm the oil and put a few drops in your hand and run through damp hair to lock in moisture.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes (or overnight) and wash your hair with shampoo, and condition as usual.
Carbonated Water Rinse
Surprisingly, carbonated water offers a simple, easy home remedy for frizzy hair. After you wash hair, use carbonated water to rinse hair. Since the carbonated water has a low pH, it helps to reduce any problems with frizz. If you don’t have carbonated water at home, it’s easy to find it at your local grocery store and it won’t cost you much either.
- After washing your hair, give it a final rinse with carbonated water.
- The low pH level in carbonated water helps to reduce frizz, similarly to apple cider vinegar.