We’ve all been there. You head to the salon confidently, ready to try out a chic new hairstyle, only to realize afterward that the bob or bangs you were so excited about aren’t what you thought they’d be.
Whether you’re recovering from a bad cut or hoping for waist-length waves by your wedding day, waiting for your hair to grow can be a rather tedious process.
Are you tired of investing in expensive products that claim to help improve hair growth? Maybe you’re tired of paying all that money with no results. You may be surprised to know that you don’t need those expensive, and in many cases, useless, products to enjoy faster hair growth.
Several things can be done at home to make hair grow faster. You can work on scalp stimulation, you can start eating right foods for hair growth, and you can begin taking certain vitamins to improve hair growth.
Here’s a closer look at these helpful methods of increasing hair growth.
① Secret # 1 ===== Ways of Stimulating your Scalp =====
Let’s start with the Stimulation part:
Stimulating your scalp helps to improve blood flow to the area, and this promotes hair growth. While you can use several methods of scalp circulation, scalp massage is one of the most popular, useful options. If you want to enhance your scalp massage, consider using one of the following oils:
- 1. Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains an important ingredient – lauric acid. This acid helps to protect the roots of the hair and contributes to preventing hair breakage. Since coconut oil can penetrate your hair shaft, it can deeply moisturize and condition hair.
- 2. Almond oil: Almond oil includes fatty acids that help soften hair, and this oil can also help strengthen and nourish hair. Almond oil is an excellent natural treatment for hair loss.
- 3. Sesame Oil: Sesame oil gives your scalp nourishment, and it also can treat viral scalp problems because if its antiseptic properties. This oil is an excellent dry scalp treatment too.
- 4. Olive oil: Since olive oil contains plenty of vitamin E, it will nourish and moisturize hair, giving you hair that grows stronger.
You’ll notice that I didn’t recommend any essential oils here. First, essential oils must be diluted in carrier oils, and second, not everyone can find them. For this reason, I chose practical oils that are easy to apply directly to the scalp without the need to mix the oils with something else.
When you begin to use scalp massage with these oils, you can use a squeezing motion or a circular motion on the scalp. If your hair is becoming messy when you’re doing the massage, you’re not doing it right. Make sure you learn the correct techniques on your scalp to prevent messing up your hair.
② Secret # 2 ===== Foods for hair growth: =====
Eating the Right Foods that Helps Hair Grow:
Eating the right foods can also help you enjoy improved hair growth. Since hair is made of protein, it’s essential to include plenty of protein in your diet. Some excellent sources of protein include:
- 1. Fish is packed with protein, so it’s great for hair, skin, and even your brain. Salmon is a great choice since it has plenty of omega 3 fatty acids, which are important for hair growth. Your body cannot produce this fatty acid, so you need to include it in your diet. Vitamin D is also found in salmon, and it can help strengthen hair. Both sardines and tuna are great fish options to eat if you want to grow your hair fast.
- 2. Nuts- Walnuts are one of the best options, since they contain copper, fatty acids, vitamin E, and biotin.
- 3. Eggs
- 4. Soy – Vitamilk
- 5. Dairy products
- 6. Yogurt
- 7. Beans
It’s also a good idea to eat foods high in vitamin C, which includes kiwi fruit, guava, and oranges. Foods that contain vitamin A are great options as well, such as beef liver, mangoes, sweet potatoes, squashes, and carrots. Try adding yellow and green veggies to your diet, since they include beta-carotene, which is critical for hair growth. Foods rich in iron and zinc also prove helpful, including chicken, oysters, soybeans, crab, scallops, and prunes.
③ Secret #3 ===== Vitamins/Supplements for hair growth =====
Certain vitamins are important for hair growth, and if you are not getting enough of these vitamins in your diet, you may need to take a good supplement. The following are excellent vitamins for hair growth:
- 1. Vitamin A : Vitamin A helps to stimulate your hair follicles, and it aids in the hydration of your hair and scalp. A lack of vitamin A may result in a dry scalp and hair.
- 2. B complex – Vitamin B12 : B complex vitamins are very important for hair and scalp health. Vitamin B6 aids in the creation of melanin, which provides hair with its color. Vitamin B-12 helps prevent problems with hair loss, and Vitamin B5 helps to prevent hair loss and graying.
- 3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C helps to stimulate the scalp, and as more blood flow reaches the scalp, the more your hair follicles will produce hair.
- 4. Vitamin D : If you don’t have enough vitamin D, you may suffer from hair loss. Getting enough vitamin D can also help to reduce problems with depression, stress, and anxiety.
- 5. Vitamin E : Vitamin E helps to prevent split ends and hair growth, and it also promotes growth. Taking vitamin E can help with the repair of damaged or dry hair.
- 6. Biotin : Biotin, which is sometimes called vitamin H, is very important for healthy hair. It makes hair stronger, even if you have thin or brittle hair.
Of course, it’s a good idea to talk to a nutritionist or a doctor to find out what vitamins you may be lacking. You don’t want to overdose on vitamins since too much of vitamins can be problematic.