That perfect, beauty product commercial skin! We all hope to just wake up and look impeccable in the mirror. The bad news is that only a few ladies are blessed with glowing, youthful skin that requires minimal effort. Everybody else will need to put a bit of work in giving the skin some beautiful radiance.
The skin is exposed to numerous adverse influences on a daily basis. Cold air, pollution, dirt, excessive sebum production and other irritants affect the beauty of skin. Proper protection, cleaning, and hydration all determine the effectiveness of a skin care routine and its ability to counter negative influences.
Still, skincare can be easy. You’ll simply need to master a couple of basic steps to enjoy that spectacular glow each day. Here is my list of the top strategies for maintaining youthful and beautiful skin.
① Drink Enough Water
What could be simpler and less expensive than giving your skin healthy glow through proper hydration? Get in the habit of replenishing bodily fluids right from the morning.
How to Do:
Start your day by drinking at least a glass or two of water. This morning drink will flush harmful toxins out of your organisms and make your skin beautifully plump.
Further reading: Detox your body with Lemon Water
② Vitamin C for Instantly Energized Face
Is your face in need of an emergency energizing serum? Don’t worry!
How to Do:
Squeeze the juice of half a lime in a mug of cold water. Splash the liquid on your face to benefit from the antioxidants and the vitamin C found in limes. Or you can use a spritzer and spritz your face after cleansing and let it dry before your makeup application. The mixture helps to refresh your skin and get rid of the dullness.
③ Young Skin through Facial Yoga
You don’t need expensive and chemical-filled anti-wrinkle creams. Improving your facial circulation and strengthening the muscles will postpone the formation of wrinkles and keep even the most delicate facial skin youthful.
How to Do:
To stimulates collagen production, start your facial yoga with puffy cheeks, smiling fish and tongue stretching facial exercises for 10 minutes. Finally, finish off with a laughter yoga. It recharges your mind and body, relieves stress, reduces fine lines and boosts facial radiance.
④ Papaya for Glowing Skin
Use this papaya mask to give your skin that instant glow. The mask is great because it contains essential antioxidants that slow down skin aging and make the skin much more radiant.
- Scoop one tablespoon of papaya, mash it and massage into your face.
- Adding a bit of milk (for dry skin) to the papaya will make the mask more nourishing or rose water (for oily skin), to regulate sebum production.
- Massage for couple of minutes and then leave the mask on for another five minutes before rinsing your face with cold water.
⑤ All-Natural Scrub to Purify Pores
Scrubs are great for purifying the pores, removing dirt from your skin and revealing a layer of fresh and youthful skin cells.
How to Do:
- You can make your all-natural scrub by mixing ¼ cup of lemon grass powder, two tablespoons of sugar and four tablespoons of raw, organic honey and store the mixture into a small container and place it next to the wash basin for easy access.
- Wash your face with water and massage a small amount of the scrub into it and rinse it off with cool water.
- The circular motion will stimulate collagen production, purify the pores and help you get rid of those dead skin cells. The result will be visible immediately.
⑥ Choose the Right Moisturizer and Give your Face an Intense Moisturizing Soak
Hydrate your skin to keep it smooth, elastic and strong. The selection of the right moisturizer will be determining for the benefits you’re going to experience. Many ladies that have oily skin believe mistakenly that their skin doesn’t need to be moisturized. Oily skin will necessitate the use of a water-based moisturizer. Heavier, oil-based moisturizers are great for dry skin.
⑦ Natural Face Mist
A face mist or a homemade face spray is great for freshening up your skin instantaneously. You can make one at home and use solely natural ingredients.
How to Do:
- Boil one cup of water and add a green tea bag. Steep it for a couple of minutes and allow the liquid to cool down.
- Once the tea has reached the right temperature, add ¼ cup of rose water and 10 drops of vitamin E oil to it.
- Put in a spray bottle and shake well. This face mist can be stored in the refrigerator
- The coolness will add a bit to the amazing refreshment you’ll experience by using the mist.
⑧ Choose the Right Foundation and Moisturize Your Skin
Chances are that you use foundation on a daily basis to give your face that impeccable complexion. The problem with this cosmetic product is that many foundation varieties contain harsh chemicals that make the skin dryer.
How to Do:
For Dry or Sensitive Skin
Slightly dip your makeup sponge with a bit of milk and squeeze off the excess before dabbing onto your foundation. Milk has hydrating qualities that will protect it from the drying effects of the synthetic ingredients found in foundations. Take a good look at the label of such cosmetic products. Avoiding some of the harshest chemicals is also essential, particularly if you have sensitive skin.
For Oily Skin-Same goes if you have oily skin, but this time dip/spray your foundation sponge with rosewater before using it, this will refresh your skin and keep acne at bay.
⑨ Don’t Forget the Amazing Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera juice or gel is one of the skincare essentials that you need to have available at all times. Growing your own aloe vera plant is an excellent possibility for having constant access to natural and organic juice.
The juice has soothing and nourishing qualities. This is why it’s suitable for all skin types. You can apply aloe vera juice to your face in an attempt to deal with irritation, or you can drink it.
How to Do:
- Add four tablespoons of aloe vera gel to one glass of cool water..
- Flavor the drink with two teaspoons of honey.Drink and Enjoy!
⑩ Additional Tips
- Gently rub an ice cuber on your face after washing. This routine will tighten pores and enhance blood circulation.
- Make it a habit of eating fruits that are high in Vitamin C such as strawberries blueberries, oranges, grapes, papaya, and guava. These fruits keep your skin healthy and give a naturally glowing complexion.
- Aim for up to 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily to reveal facial glow.