The skin around our eyes unveils that we are no longer a spring chicken..so you can bid farewell to the glory days of getting carded to get a drink. Indeed, accepting our age to one’s heart as we triumph over knowledge and grace is a great intention. But generally, the under-eye area can be quite delicate compared to the rest of your face. Anything from moping and crying, to lack of sleep can result in dark circles, unsightly puffiness as well as facial wrinkles.
While we don’t argue with the inevitable (indication of aging = lines and wrinkles), providing extra TLC to your peepers is actually beneficial. Oftentimes, a regular moisturizer is not best suited for the eye area, therefore there exist beauty products meant particularly for the eyes.
Benefits of Using Eye Cream
Depending on which eye cream you use, it can help hydrate, de-puff, moisturize and reduce dark circles and provisionally tighten the eye area. That being the case, it is never too late to take the first step on taking care of your eye area.
I am all for homemade treatments and such a sucker for a good eye cream, but a great deal of under eye products on the market include a pile of excessive chemicals. Your peepers rightfully earned the best, and this Do-it-yourself eye cream offers no shortage as you can stay clear of the iffy chemicals plus the outrageous prices.
At this point, I’ve been using this mixture routinely for around 6 weeks and although the laugh lines around my eyes are not going anywhere soon, I’ve noticed that my under-eyes feel and look far more hydrated. I’m not preaching about some instantaneous miracle wonder, however a subtle and significant change is a bonus for me.
Here’s 2 options for Homemade Eye Cream:
Option #1: You’ll Need:
- 100% Vitamin E oil – or in capsules
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Small clean resealable container
Option #2: You’ll Need:
- Evening Primrose Oil
- 100% Vitamin E Oil – or in capsules
- Small clean resealable container
Under Eye Option #1 Directions:
- Coconut oil tends to be in solid form when stored in room temperature. So, you need to liquefy the coconut oil by putting 2-3 scoops of tbsp into a microwaveable bowl and pop in microwave within 10 seconds until it starts to melt (you can adjust the amount of coconut oil depends on the size of container to use for storage).
- After that, puncture or cut 5 – 8 capsules of Vitamin E oil (I used 5 capsules for 1 oz jar) and add these to your melted coconut oil.
- Blend them well and put the mixture inside the fridge to solidify the cream, once it becomes solid, there’s no need to keep it refrigerated as the oils will not turn rancid.
- Apply the cream morning and night.
Under Eye Option #2 Directions:
- Mix equal amount of Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin E oil and blend them together
- Place the mixture in a clean resealable container and you’re ready to go.
- Dab a q-tip into the mixture and follow below procedure on how to apply an eye cream.
How to Apply:
- Eye cream travels organically, so for proper application, dot the cream half inch above your upper lashline and below your lower lashline.
- While sleeping, the cream will travel on its own and wind up all over your crow’s feet, where you wanted it to begin with.
- Be sure to use your ring finger to apply it (it’s your weakest finger so you won’t pull too hard) and after making the dots, gently pat them in for proper absorption.
Primrose Oil has been found to have many benefits, including:
- It can rejuvenate tired and aging skin
- It can make tired eyes look fresher by rubbing a little under and around your eyes
- It can be rubbed into your skin to remove redness and minor blemishes
- It can help dry skin to feel suppler and younger
- It can be massaged into dry skin to make it smoother and silkier
- It can be used to reduce and remove fine wrinkles
- It can be rubbed into your skin to help you feel rejuvenated and younger.
The unrefined oil will moisturize and plump up your skin, and skin care creams that include it as a natural ingredient can help wound healing in addition to making it look and feel younger.
Anti-Aging Benefits of Vitamin E
- Vitamin E added to lotions, creams, and other skin care products, as well as taken orally, plays a role in the anti-aging of skin.
- It helps skin look younger by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Also, free radicals are believed to play an important role in skin aging and therefore the antioxidant activity is quite valuable for this skin problem.