If you’ve recently lost weight, you’ll probably notice that your skin doesn’t seem to fit right anymore. You have loose bagging skin everywhere, on your face, abdomen, neck and thighs and you’re even afraid to go outside in a sleeveless blouse lest the wind catch the loose skin under your arms and create enough of a flap to carry you up and away. Never fear, I have some exercises here and they’ll tone and tighten all those problem areas.
These exercises help firm and tone your muscles, while also tightening the skin and eliminating much of the baggy, loose skin appearance. We’ll start from the bottom and work our way up to the facial exercises that not only tightens the skin but can improve your complexion by stimulating circulation.
① Legs – Firm those thighs and get sleeker, sexier looking legs
Excess skin may accumulate on your inner thighs. To address the saggy appearance, follow these exercises:
- Position yourself on the floor on your left side propping your head up with your hand.
- Lift your right leg up and putting your foot on the chair.
- Slowly raise the left leg, until you touch the underside of the chair and hold that position for a count of 10.
- Start to lower your leg slowly, then hold the position again midway between the chair and the floor. Raise it back up and back to the midway position
- Repeat this process this for approximately a half a minute and lower you leg back to starting position.
- Do ten repetitions and then roll onto your left side and start the same movement using the right leg.
② Abs – Tighten that Loose Skin on Your Abs
Exercises such as crunches tighten and tone the muscles in your abdomen to help trim unwanted skin.
- Use a crunch to get the blood flowing and muscles working. Lay on your back, bending your knees at a 90 degree angle.
- Lock your fingers together, placing them behind your head for support.
- Slowly lift your upper back and head off the floor making sure not to bend your neck.
- Hold that position for 5 to 10 seconds and slowly return to the start position.
- Repeat this 10 times for one set and work your way up to 20.
③ Arms – These Arm Exercises Will Make You Want to Buy More Sleeveless Tops
Stretching your arms over your head using light weights can help you tone those troubled upper arm areas without building muscles. If you have 3 to 5 pound dumbbells, get them ready for this workout. Otherwise, large cans still full or water bottles filled with sand make a great alternative.
- Start with the weights in your hand and your arms outstretched and a bit higher than your shoulders. Your palms should be facing downward.
- As you slowly raise your hands, holding the weights tightly, you’ll be rotating your arms until the palms are in an upward position, 180-degree turn, at the highest point.
- Lower the weights, while reversing the turn of the palms, until you’re back to the original position.
- This is one repetition. Start with 10 and work your way up to 20.
④ Eliminate that Double Chin Look from Saggy Skin with These Neck and Chin Exercises
Loose skin on your neck gives the appearance of a double chin. Doing exercises that focus on this area of the body tones and tightens the muscles, which eliminates the appearance of sagging skin.
- Stand erect with your arms hanging at your side.
- Move your head back, tilting it until you are looking upward toward the ceiling. Don’t strain and create muscle problems in your neck. Just move easily.
- Open your mouth and allow the jaw to hang easily as far as it will go. Slowly close it until the front teeth touch. You’ll feel the muscles in your neck respond by pulling slightly.
- Repeat this movement ten times a day for the best results.
Always remember to consult your health care professional before starting any exercise routine. These exercises will only help tone muscles and tighten loose skin, they aren’t meant to replace a healthy diet and regular exercise to help maintain your weight loss.